Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf/Tula primers

CalTeacher

I've been buying them at local gunshows (5,000 small pistol about 2 months back).

Maybe I should be buying more. Oh, I think they were $24 per thousand. I started to only buy 4 boxes but the guy had 5 sitting on the table so I bought them all. Good for all the small primer .45 acp brass I bought this spring and the rest for my .40 S&W and 9Mm reloading.

Last summer Midsouth offered free haz matt and shipping on primers with orders over 5k. I jumped on the boat and ordered 20k Federal Primers. Theses days i just wait unto CCI primers are in stock and try to include powder and everything all at one time to maximize savings. The vendors I prefer are starting to slow down and the subtle increase in demand has started.

Bet in the next month....the tempo of nervous buyers will start to change ordering habits.

Good luck in your quest.

Last summer Midsouth offered free haz matt and shipping on primers with orders over 5k. I jumped on the boat and ordered 20k Federal Primers. Theses days i just wait unto CCI primers are in stock and try to include powder and everything all at one time to maximize savings. The vendors I prefer are starting to slow down and the subtle increase in demand has started.

Bet in the next month....the tempo of nervous buyers will start to change ordering habits.

Good luck in your quest.

Yeah, I remember with admittedly some humor the guys who went back to golf or whatever when they couldn't get components. Plenty of warning this time just in case but some won't learn. Hopefully we won't have to worry about it but even if it's not advisable I have direct access to about 7 years worth of powder and primers at current usage rates. Now to focus on bullets!:)