Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Orlob Occluder sights?

Garmil

Anyone tried these?

I go back and forth between a production Glock and an open gun I am not good at using standard sights with both eyes open. So these look good in theory to be able to shoot both eyes open with either gun.

The reduced sight radius does worry me though and they are not the best looking but maybe worth a shot.

Would love some first hand info if anyone has any.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=920094&CAT=8079

Edited by Garmil

Turns a G17 into a G26..... Sorry JR, but that's the dumbest gizmo I've seen in 40 years. It's both eyes open, all the time, pistol, rifle and shotgun. I run wide (.180") rear cut Heinies. OP, sounds like you are talking too much time to focus, it's always a flash sight picture.

image37198.jpg

IMO, the "issue" is not seeing two sets of sights when focusing on the target... it's seeing two targets when focusing on the sights. I can't see how this product would solve that. The biggest hurdle that you have to get over is just trusting your brain. Bring the gun up where it looks right and fire without thinking about it. You might be surprised at what happens.

That being said, I still have to close one eye when I'm looking for pinpoint accuracy at long distance.