Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Dot Module

PistolJim

Im trying to find out what dot module I have in my C-more. I took the module out to look at it and found no marking to tell me what dot size it has. The only thing I noticed was a yellow marking underneath. Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Jim

• 1 month later...

Any ideas if the modules on the Cmore serendipidy is any different than the other Cmores? The module I have has a large A on the top of it, and it is all black in color (even after I removed it).

Any ideas?

Any ideas if the modules on the Cmore serendipidy is any different than the other Cmores?  The module I have has a large A on the top of it, and it is all black in color (even after I removed it). 

Any ideas?

That's not the module, that's an Arredondo glare shield.

• 1 year later...

My dot module is also ALL BLACK. I'd like to get a smaller dot, but don't want to go *too* small. What size is standard for the Serendipity ? 8 moa ? 6 moa ?

I am thinking of ordering a 4 moa. Is that too small of a dot ?

I can't believe I'm thinking smaller is better, but it really does seem like my dot takes up alot of space on targets at 25 yards + Especially during timed-fire stages ;)

The sizes are a cr@pshoot IMHO. I have a couple 6 moa dots and 2 8 moa dots. Both 8 moa dots are smaller than the 2 6's.

My new blaster is coming with a 4 MOA. I saw one on another gun and it looks great. If you got some long range standards, you can turn down the intensity a touch for a very small dot. For a stage with closer targets, you can turn it up and let the intensity make it look bigger.

I run a 4min dot on my gun. It is absolutely fantastic, except, you knew that was coming, for times when the sunlight is really really bright or right in front or behind you. It can be a challenge for the 4 min dot to be bright enough under those specific conditions. I am able to shoot fine, but sometimes the dot isn't as bright as I would like it to be. I have shot some with a 6 min dot, and it was still small enough for real precision, yet big and bright enough that I think it would handle just about any light conditions.

This thread isn't the first place I have read that dot modules for a C-more are inconsistent, not even close to the first place. That is precisely why I haven't ordered another module to play with.

I am at a loss, I pulled my module several months back to find out what size it was and found nothing. No dot of any color on the bottem side of the module. Mine looks to be about an 8MOA as best I can guess. Every year I compete in a charity match with shots out to 35 yards on a standard USPSA target and have thought about getting a 2MOA dot for that match. Thankfully it is all shot standing (sadly shoulder to shoulder with up to 29 other shooters on the same stage) or kneeling. The strings of fire that kill me are the weak hand strings, a small dot would be murder for me on those strings. I have enough trouble finding an 8MOA dot weak handed. lol

Joe W.

Just got a new 4 MOA dot module yesterday, from my gunsmith. It came with a piece of paper in side that said what is what ...........

2MOA = RED

4MOA = GREEN

6MOA = BLUE

8MOA = YELLOW

12MOA = ORANGE

16MOA = PURPLE

Mine had the green marking on the base. He also had another one that had a Blue marking on the base (6MOA). But again, when I pulled my original one out of my Serendipity it had NO COLOR marking on the base.

The 4MOA dot is definitely smaller but not by much. Of course not knowing what I had to begin with makes it hard to describe the difference between the two, but I will say this ..... the 4moa dot is just as bright as my other one. I can turn up the intensity and it still shines super-bright with the same halo around it as my bigger dot did. Makes it a little easier to see sometimes.