Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to adhere tape to 2011 grip

lawboy

I am having a smooth PT steel grip fitted. I have some of the pre-cut 2011 grip tape.

I am looking for methods to adhere the tape to the grip so it won't squirm, wrinkle or come loose.

The adhesive on the tape is in no way adequate to prevent any of the above in my experience.

I shoot in 100-degree heat and the glue on the tape just turns to crap.

So, how are you guys getting the tape to stick and stay put?!'

Thanks in advance.

If you have a smooth steel grip it should stick to that no problem. Just wipe the grip down with alcohol prior to fitting the tape. You could also use a heat gun on it after applying the tape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Jessup skateboard tape is the best I've found in term of texture & adhesion. I spent a few bucks at a local skateboard shop 5 years ago and still haven't used half of the tape I purchased. If you can find a local skate shop tell them you need enough for one or two boards, not worth the time explaining it's actual purpose. It can also be purchased on-line after a quick Google search.

Don't have a steel grip but put some grip tape on the polymer grip, warmed it up some then wrapped in surgical tubing and left for 5 hours or so. So far I haven't had any trouble in the last 2 years, but like I said, it is polymer.