Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification question

ShortBus

I've read the classification stuff a couple times on uspsa's website and I can't find what I'm looking for.

The last update we had gave me my first classification. I currently have six on file, with the best 4 being used. It is my understanding once I have more than 8 on the books the most recent 6 that meet the criteria (not less than 5%, more than 15%..) are used to determine my current percentage.

With me only having 6 scores, of which 4 are being used for my classification, if I go shoot tomorrow and tank the classifier, will that be used once I get 8?

I guess my question is when does the less than 5% or more than 15% under/over rule for not using that classifier come into effect? After I have 4 valid scores? After I have 6-8 valid scores? I put a lot of pressure on myself to get initially classified and I really just want to relax now, but until I figure out if I can screw myself or not that will be hard.

Thanks!

With me only having 6 scores, of which 4 are being used for my classification, if I go shoot tomorrow and tank the classifier, will that be used once I get 8?

I guess my question is when does the less than 5% or more than 15% under/over rule for not using that classifier come into effect? After I have 4 valid scores? After I have 6-8 valid scores? I put a lot of pressure on myself to get initially classified and I really just want to relax now, but until I figure out if I can screw myself or not that will be hard.

If you look at your classifiers you can see that a similar situation already happened on 2/27/16. You got your initial C classification after your first 4 and then your fifth was less than 35 so it was not counted.

Ok so once i got my 4 valid scores for my initial classification, my percentage will not change if I shoot a classifier at 15% above or 5% below?

I feel like this is simple and I should be getting it lol sorry guys

Ok so once i got my 4 valid scores for my initial classification, my percentage will not change if I shoot a classifier at 15% above or 5% below?

I feel like this is simple and I should be getting it lol sorry guys

Naw, it's actually somewhat complicated, especially when you're starting out. Then you start to understand it, and you realize that it actually is somewhat complicated.

NickBlasta has it right, though. Just get classified and you'll have a good starting point. Then shoot LII and you'll have a better sense of your overall match skill level, not just "stand and shoot" classifiers. (Although at "A" you already have a very good start.)

Edited by teros135

I've shot a level two. Started out rough and gave up before lunch. Looking back I shouldn't have. Could have placed better. I've gotten a lot better since then. I have the skill to be A or M, I just want to relax and not care about the classifier scores but I don't want to screw myself and be one of those guys who gets stuck in a class for bad decisions made. And I've won the last few locals I've shot so I have a little more than stand and shoot skills lol. Still lacking tons and have huuuuuge amounts to work on. But I'm not a newb. I just shot for a few months before I joined USPSA.

I've shot a level two. Started out rough and gave up before lunch. Looking back I shouldn't have. Could have placed better. I've gotten a lot better since then. I have the skill to be A or M, I just want to relax and not care about the classifier scores but I don't want to screw myself and be one of those guys who gets stuck in a class for bad decisions made. And I've won the last few locals I've shot so I have a little more than stand and shoot skills lol. Still lacking tons and have huuuuuge amounts to work on. But I'm not a newb. I just shot for a few months before I joined USPSA.

Well, maybe a noob to this sport, but a talented one. Sounds like you're well on your way. It's difficult to stick with it when having a rough time at a major match, but it's definitely a "character builder" to hang in and not let the last mistake affect the next shot/array/stage. See you at Tennessee, if you're talking about the Sectional in September.

Yea I've learned a TON since then. Right after that match I took a stoeger class and I've been getting better fairly quick. I expect a plateau soon lol.

One thing I learned from that match was to never give up. The more I shoot the more I realize if I'm having a hard time it's probably because it's hard, which means most others are having a hard time too!

I'll be at the sectional in Tennessee. Squad 11

Edit: not a total newb, been shooting uspsa for ~9 months.

Edited by ShortBus

Not sure how you got the other number but that appears to be my buddies scores. He sometimes posts under my name.

LOL...he jacked your account, On BE it thinks your real name is Jayson. If you look at his scores you'll see what I mean about him first getting classified C and then getting a 5th classification that didn't count because it was 33.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-classifer-lookup-results.php?number=A92947

Ah yea, I'm Luke. Me and Jayson started shooting at the same time but I waited to join.

Also, it's usually pretty easy to tell who's posting, I try and use almost correct grammar, like punctuation and complete sentences lol

Edited by ShortBus

Shot a 81% on 13-04 yesterday. I plan to stay in A for now. After the Tennessee and Georgia matches I will work towards M if I feel I'm ready.

Long term goal is world domination. Give it a few years, Ben stoeger will get nervous when I roll up to nationals :)

Edited by ShortBus