Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heavy a-- limited guns

lawboy

Just out of curiosity what kind of gun is it?

The gun is a custom build by CK Dynamix on a Limited-10 steel, railed frame, with Caspian slide, no slide cuts. I also use a steel MSH.

The PT grip I ordered is their smooth stainless grip. I plan to have it silica carbide coated like I do with my STI polymer grips because I love the feel of them and they are not as cold to hold in the winter as a bare steel grip.

Edited by lawboy

Actually the steel PT grip is 12oz if smooth, 10.3oz standard texture and I would suppose 9oz for the aggressive texture. I have both the smooth and standard texture PT grips.

db3d02f41699872312593fea41fd76e2.jpg

Edited by MrPostman

Actually the steel PT grip is 12oz if smooth, 10.3oz standard texture and I would suppose 9oz for the aggressive texture. I have both the smooth and standard texture PT grips.db3d02f41699872312593fea41fd76e2.jpg

Awesome info. Thank you. Mine will come in at about 53.5ozs. Sweet.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="lawboy" data-cid="2618590" data-time="1465357412"><p><p>The comment above that it would "add 9 oz" is correct, give or take a bit. While the new grip weighs 12 oz you are taking off the STI polymer grip- I don't have a spare on hand but IIRC the polymer grip weighs a little less than 3 oz.That would put you somewhere around 50.5, rather than 53.5. Also, if you have silica carbide epoxied on to your STI grip it would weigh a bit more than a bare grip, but I would imagine as long as you are applying a similar amount to the new PT grip it shouldn't change the roughly 9 oz gain.

The comment above that it would "add 9 oz" is correct, give or take a bit. While the new grip weighs 12 oz you are taking off the STI polymer grip- I don't have a spare on hand but IIRC the polymer grip weighs a little less than 3 oz.That would put you somewhere around 50.5, rather than 53.5. Also, if you have silica carbide epoxied on to your STI grip it would weigh a bit more than a bare grip, but I would imagine as long as you are applying a similar amount to the new PT grip it shouldn't change the roughly 9 oz gain.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you for clarifying.

The comment above that it would "add 9 oz" is correct, give or take a bit. While the new grip weighs 12 oz you are taking off the STI polymer grip- I don't have a spare on hand but IIRC the polymer grip weighs a little less than 3 oz.That would put you somewhere around 50.5, rather than 53.5. Also, if you have silica carbide epoxied on to your STI grip it would weigh a bit more than a bare grip, but I would imagine as long as you are applying a similar amount to the new PT grip it shouldn't change the roughly 9 oz gain.

Yes, that's what I meant. Thank you for clarifying.

Good stuff. Thanks.

• 3 months later...