Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extreme bullets

RickyH

I've tried the Xtreme 9mm 147 grain bullets and they worked well enough but I saw no reason to switch from the Xtreme 124 gr. HPCB bullets that I had been using for some time. Just on a whim, I bought some of the Xtreme 135 gr. HP's and tried several loads using several powders in several guns (Sigs, Nighthawk, STI) and to my considerable surprise they wound up being the most accurate of any of the 9mm Xtreme line that I have tried. The following has become my standard go-to load: 4.6 gr Hodgdon CFE-Pistol, CCI 500's, COL=1.100, Velocity = 992 fps. Very accurate.

I like 147's for production. I have had problems with tumbling xtreme bullets. I adjusted the col and crimp with out luck. Get a small quantity and see if your gun like them.

on a more related issue, people are waiting more than four to five weeks before orders are shipped.

Took just at 1 week for my .40 order to ship. Things are looking up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I placed an order a few weeks ago when they had the 20% off sale and my order shipped in one week. Don't think I've ever had an order take much more than a week to ship.

Has anybody had a problem with the 147 diameter being .356 instead of .355

I thought they're listed as .356"?

I placed an order a few weeks ago when they had the 20% off sale and my order shipped in one week. Don't think I've ever had an order take much more than a week to ship.

Has anybody had a problem with the 147 diameter being .356 instead of .355

I thought they're listed as .356"?

They sell them in both sizes. .356 and .357. All the .355 they sell have the heavy plating.

Edited by Garmil

flatter shooting? recoil spring set up for your timing, grip and round.

yes, i shot xtreme 147 quite a bit through a cz. i preferred the round nose profile in that weight to get a manageable oal.