Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

See All Nite Sight

ohsevenflhx

Sure, why not? Almost anything is legal as far as equipment in Open. There is nothing that requires that you MUST run a red dot/optic. Technically you don't even have to use a red dot or optic type sight and can shoot Open with a Limited or Production gun if you wanted. You probably wouldn't be too competitive, but nobody can stop you from doing it.

So wait, would this sight be legal to use in Limited on a frame mount? Or would it have to be slide mounted?

They are designed to be slide mounted.

I'm not an expert on limited rules so I'm not sure if you could? It would've be ideal as you want your sights close to the bore. Adding more height would introduce the need to hold over/under at certain distances.

I don't know if USPSA has ruled on them but ipsc has. They are just a silly fibre optic sight (in this case with tritium inserts as well).

As I said before there's a reason you don't see anyone using them in ipsc and it's not rules or cost...

Edited by BeerBaron

• 4 weeks later...

Just so everyone knows...I went into this optimistic, with an open mind. I must say these sights are Bad! I spent 179$ on them, and didnt even mount them on my gun. They do not look like they do on their site. They are blurry, and hard to see. WASTED money...

I tried to warn you (while being a little bit subtle..). chalk it up to experience and move on. :)

About the only thing I'd consider this thing on is perhaps a shotgun but even then irons or a proper red dot would be the way to go.