Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small vs large frame

Polymer

I'm considering purchasing a stock 2 9mm for production. I hear this small and large frame thing....is there such an option on the stock 2? I've never seen any mention or option on the sites for sale.

What's the actual difference between the Large and small frames? I understand one is obviously bigger then the other but is it width, height or both?

Probably a dumb question but I'm asking anyway.

The difference between large frame and small frame pistols is the same as long action vs short action rifles; it has more to do with the cartridges it's designed for than the physical dimensions.

IMG_20140404_214515_968-1_zpsidwxsbsz.jp

The one with the black grips is small framed the one with the wood grips is large framed; the outside dimentions are largely identical although the small frame has a slightly deeper undercut of the beaver tail.

Large frame pistols are designed to fire, 45/10/38, but can also shoot 40/9/22, small frame pistols are designed to shoot 40/9/22.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm asking/worried because the SP-01 grip is too small for me therefore wanting the stock 2/larger grip. Would you guys say the large grip is like the cz tactical sport? So the only visual difference is the deeper undercut/slightly smaller tang?

Edited by Polymer

Both Tanfo frames are basically the same as the SP01 frame the major difference being that the checkering is raised from rather than cut into the frame, giving you an extra 1/16" or so front and back. The TS is significantly wider than both.

Both Tanfo frames are basically the same as the SP01 frame the major difference being that the checkering is raised from rather than cut into the frame, giving you an extra 1/16" or so front and back. The TS is significantly wider than both.

Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll try the SP-01 with different grip panels.

Almost all the Stock 2's you'll find in the USA will be LF, and any SF will usually be specifically mentioned by the owner. The mags, grip panels, and some parts are NOT interchangeable and holsters are different. SF have a mag body with similar dimensions as a CZ mag if that helps you in identification. I'm sure someone with more knowledge can give you a serial number prefix that denotes a SF vs LF. Hope this helps. There are several LF's lately at fire-sale prices in the classifies. Good luck!

To the OP.....if you try the Large frame with the woods grips you will like it........ is like holding a CZ TS but better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

To the OP.....if you try the Large frame with the woods grips you will like it........ is like holding a CZ TS but better

Can you please define what you mean by better?

Is the width of the tang/upper grip area wider on the stock 2 than SP-01? I can switch to thicker panels but the upper part of grip/trigger reach essentially remains the same.

Can you please define what you mean by better?
Your referring to a Tactical Sport, my friend has Tanfos large frame,grips are more natural,smaller better fit,I luv my TS, like alot of ppl reducing the grip a tad, Guarantee you'll like Tanfo frames

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk