Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need New STI Std Frame Kit, Ramped, Long Curved Trigger

bradsteimel

Does anyone know who might have an STI Standard Frame Kit for a Nowlin/Wilson ramped barrell?

I checked SpeedShooters, Brazos, Midway, and my local STI dealers. None of them have it, or seem to think they can get it anytime soon.

Tried calling STI, but all of their lines go to voicemail and won't allow you to leave a message because their "voice mailbox is full"?!?

Any suggestions?

Just buy a standard frame kit and have the gunsmith cut the ramp.

I suppose i could... but it sure seems simpler/easier to just get the one that already fits the upper i have. I'm no gunsmith, but if they're both about the same price, i'd prefer to get the one that requires less 'smithing. Seems like it'd be less expensive.

Good luck dealing with STI, they are a mess right now. I have a buddy waiting for a frame from them since before Christmas. Why not just buy a CK arms frame and use a STI grip and trigger? There's very little difference between CK and STI frames. CK frames are in stock for $190.00. I just bought one last week.

Good luck dealing with STI, they are a mess right now. I have a buddy waiting for a frame from them since before Christmas. Why not just buy a CK arms frame and use a STI grip and trigger? There's very little difference between CK and STI frames. CK frames are in stock for $190.00. I just bought one last week.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.

I have one. PM me.

Scratch that. Apparently we just sold it.

Txt me if you come up with another, pls. Cell (407)430.8580. I'm out of state this weekend, so won't be able to keep up with my enos stuff, but will check my phone.

Much appreciated!

Shooters Connection?

Nope, i checked them too.

Keep the suggestions coming...

Talked with Jonathan at Red Dot Shooting... he may be placing an order soon, but from what i'm hearing STI is kind of a mess these days. Would love to find one in someone's stock.

P/T frame...?

I'm assuming by P/T, you mean Phoenix Trinity. That's an option, but i have a bunch of standard STI 2011 guns/builds and i'd like this one to match. I'm afraid if i get one of theirs i'll really like it and have to upgrade all of mine. And my wife would not be a happy camper if i splurge for 6 or 8 PT's. But, hey... it's just between me an you, and all you other shooters, and ya'all won't tell, will ya?

:(

• 1 month later...

Update on my search for STI Standard Frame Kit for a Nowlin/Wilson ramped barrell:

Saw that Brownell's had it listed as "available for backorder". I ordered it on 5/24 and got an email a day or two later saying they placed

the order with STI. On 6/24 Brownell's shipped it to my ffl... and i picked it up today 6/30. Brownell's now shows that item as "in stock".

I'll have to say it was a pleasant surprise! This order from Brownell's and STI went as smoothly as i could have hoped!

Big shout-out to Brownell's and STI.