Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best current deal on primers!

Here's my line of thinking when looking at this deal, keep in mind everyone's situation is a bit different.

• When ordering 20K primers, I'm paying about $23/24 per thousand.(including hazmat & shipping)
  • Currently I'm shooting about 1500 rounds/month
  • When you do the math, 20K primers is equal to ~13 months of inventory for me
  • The value (typical 1k price $28, compared to 20K price $23) is $5/1K or $100 across the entire order, or ~$7/month over the period I'm expecting to use the primers
  • This is still a positive return, so I'm still OK with it, now factor in the probability of prices increasing/decreasing over the 13 months...with the current politics, I'm betting the prices will remain flat or drop
  • Had I been able to add powder (over that 13 months I'm going to need powder too) to the order to absorb some of the shipping/hazmat charges it would have been a good deal for me.

Anyhow, for the folks that ordered congrats on getting a pretty good deal on primers.  I'm rolling the dice the prices will drop.

Edited by muncie21

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2017 at 10:24 PM, L3324 said:

When I order anything it's generally for 10k primers and enough powder to fill the 10k cases. Anything less is not cost effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is always the plan.  However, the last 8 years, it has been very difficult to match up your favorite primer and favorite powder from the same store.

UGH............

• 4 weeks later...