Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock with screw to reduce wobble?

nheiny13

I was looking around on the web the other day and I can across an AR15 stock that had a screw to reduce wobble, but I can't remember what it was. Can anybody help me out and point me in the right direction?

Well the Magpul Fixed Carbine has a cross bolt that squeezes the area of the buffer tube together so it is locked solid. I use a couple of them and they work. Still prefer the lever locking of the Ergo F93 Pro on my 3-gun AR. But the Magpul is a lighter solution. Locks better than some lever lockers like the Safariland (Rogers) Super Stock.

The MagPul CTR was one of the first adjustable carbine stocks to address the wobble issue (with a friction lock, not a screw), and is still one of the best solutions. Robust, comfortable and lightweight. Their STR, ACS, and then UBR represent progressively heavier alternatives if you need to balance out a heavier barrel. All are easily adjustable and rock solid.

The Mission First Minimalist (ultra light) or Ergo F93 (heavy) are other reasonable rattle-free options, but not quite as good as the MagPuls IMHO.

I have a Magpull MOE and put a small piece of Velcro (the soft side not the hooks) inside the stock to put pressure on the buffer tube. It eliminated the slop and was a pretty cheap solution.