Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Trajectory .38 SC; Sighting range

straightravage

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but does anyone know the trjectory for .38 Super Comp?

I am running a MG 124gr .355 bullet pushed by 9.6 grains of 3N38 out of a stock DVC open?

I want to sight in at 15 or 19yds, but I not sure what the trajectory would be at both distances.

Also, which a better range to sight in at?

It's not really the trajectory. It's the parallax of the dot to the bore that influences impact more than anything. The round is pretty flat shooting at our typical distances.

A lot will depend on how the dot is mounted, which sight is used, and zero distance.

I have a cmore on a 90 mount and I zero at 20yards. I'm pretty much good except those super close targets inside a couple yards. On head shots at that distance I aim at the top of the target to get an A hit

I sight in at 35 yards, and it's good from 10 - 60 yards,

except for headshots - have to aim at the head up close. :cheers:

It's a good thing to aim at the head on a head shot!! LOL (I could have resisted this, but chose not to to!)

I sight in at 35 yards, and it's good from 10 - 60 yards,

except for headshots - have to aim at the head up close. :cheers:

It's a good thing to aim at the head on a head shot!! LOL (I could have resisted this, but chose not to to!)

Damn New Yorkers - they catch every mistake. :roflol: :roflol:

Finally made it out to the range yesterday. And GOD DAMN THAT DVC 38 SC IS FLIPPING AWESOME!!!!!!

It is my first open gun, but I am in love! I ran 60 rounds through it and not one issue! Btw, my first time reloading as well. Sighted the gun at 19 yards. At 7 yard the impact point 1.3" low. I was too excited to remember to shoot at 25 and 50yds.

So I did make 9.6gr pushing 124 jhp @ 1.235. When I shot, with a good grip, the dot bounced up to the very top of the glass. It didnt appear to go above the glass.

After speaking with my local Jedi Master, he recommended I now make rouds and increase the grain by .1 all the way 10.0gr. While leaving it at 1.235.

Looking forward to see if I can find the right load to keep the gun as flat as possible. It porbably wont happen since my gun has no popple holes. But i am hoping to get close!

Sounds like you're in Love ... :bow:

I have felt that way for the past ten years that I've been shooting OPEN.

One thing, though - I did not read the word Chronograph in your

description ...

And don't forget the 25 and 50 yard range ... :cheers:

Ya... I am waitng for a good time to shoot with my Jedi Master. He has a chrono and said we will check each load. Def need to go back and remember to hit those 25 and 50yd markers. Coming from limited shooting .40, it seems like the .38SC is making a hole in the paper before I pull the trigger! Damn this gun is AWSOME!!!!!!!