Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new to the forum, looking for reloading info

Kowalski

Welcome to the forum!

Reloading isn't difficult, just follow the rules and a load book. Be cautious about loads you hear about online. Sometimes rules can appear to be broken, and sometimes not. As a noob you have no idea which is which. I load for wildcats and over the years I've come to know what I don't like and those loads that I do, but you don't have that available to you. If you find an online load, be sure to check it against a load manual. You don't want to make a mistake with the fast powders that we use.

On this forum if an unsafe load was posted I think it would be called out pretty quickly. So I don't mean here as much as in the wild west of the 'net.

Thanks everyone!! I am definatley doing my homework and staying by the books as I learn! I am reloading for the hobby, not really to save $.

I currently have

glock 26

glock 19

Mil spec 1911

xd 45 compact

Im starting to load 9mm first. once I become familiar with it, I would like to also load .45acp &.223 rem.

I am starting off with Power Pistol. I hear its a pretty standard powder and something good for a noob to start off with. I also have a bit of BE86, CFEpistol, Unique & bullseye.

I would think, learn to reload the 45 first...

you will save more per round.

9mm is fussy.

buuuuut both may have unique to themselves problems.

this forum have a good search function

ask your questions and you will get it answered

by someone pointing out threads to read or answering it directly.

most times you will get both.

these guys will make the competition seem like a lot of fun

and it is good training for all reasons.

miranda

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the form. I have been trying lots of different powders, do to what I can find in my area. I have found .45's with a 230 rn love unique. 9mm take a little more effort to work up a round. Lots of great info and good people here.

Enjoy.

In my opinion and experience .45 resizes much easier and "softer" than 9mm due to it being a lower pressure round... If I'm wrong on this or others have different experience, I'm interested to hear ...

Welcome !!