Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much do I track the front sight

frgood

Today, I went to practice with the express intent to work on keeping my eyes focused on the front sight. I simply do not know what I am trying to achieve. Am I supposed to be able to;

• Watch the front sight rise and fall back into position the entire recoil,
  • Keep my eye focused forward and wait for the front sight to fall back into view?

I am guessing that getting to stop blinking is a matter of practice (time) and more focus. I have noticed that as I concentrate on maintaining focus, my grip is naturally adjusting such that the body falls more into line with the gun.

If I am losing view of the sight, am I not keeping the recoil impulse where I should?

What is my goal? (oh, this is is practice for USPSA if that has any bearing).

Thanks. Big thumbs up. I will try that this weekend and see what comes of it.

+1

if you can shoot at a cadence (you know, for the sake of the drill) like ~1/3 to 1/2 seconds it helps... just go consistently and keep capping...

Good luck, man...

• 2 weeks later...

So... Did it help?

Yes it did. Using the berm, The sight was as plain as day. I did notice it will take several sessions to 'train' my eyes. But it really does help one's focus.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it will be different for everyone but how long did it take to really start seei g the sights every shot consistently?

I've been working at skills only since January, only understanding what it means to really see the sights lift recently. Still only occasionally actuality SEE them lift, but now that it's happened.... I'm working harder to keep the peepers open so it (hopefully) will become the new normal.

To answer your question... more than 8 months!