Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Corncob Kitty Litter

John Dunn

I keep my case tumbler out in the shed to reduce the amount of lead in the house. I guess I got lazy and left the corncob media (treated with Dillon's brass polish) in the separator tray, you know, the one that looks like a big kitty litter box. I tend to reload in big batches and then go months before reloading again. Plenty of time for my four evil barn cats to do their business in my media! Multiple times! Almost had to feed the cats to the sharks with laser beams on their heads.

Lesson learned, cats will be cats, seal up your media!

I thought that only happened to me. I had to throw away two perfectly good loads of corncob since I was not about to expirament with the effects of cat urine on my reloading brass (hmmmm . . on second thought ).

Thats what I get for leaving the lid open on the media seperator while boarding my girlfriend's cats. She split 6 months ago & she received full custody of the cats; no visitation even. Problem solved.

...eeewww, gross!!

hmmm... cat urine. I hear that's what meth labs smell like. (Not that I would know directly about anything like that, mind you.) Don't use the kitty'd media. You'd be run off from the range, too, I bet. :P

It's funny you said not to use it. For a bit I considered just scooping out the solid waste and salvaging the rest. :blink: Common sense got the better of me and I tossed the lot and started fresh. Is that like the cheapest thing in the world, or what? Actually debating with yourself whether crapped on media is still good or not. Sometimes I'm not quite right.

Note to self: Don't pick up John's brass. :)

My cats stay in the house and my tumbler and media stay in the garage never to meet.

I did find a dead mouse in my cob bucket the other day. This was REALLLLL dirty media that I was going to throw away anyway...it was mostly a black color and not working real well anymore. Not sure why the mouse figured he needed to be in that bucket but he didn't survive the experience and was rather "gone" when I found him.

"I did find a dead mouse in my cob bucket the other day. "

Didn't something like this recently happen to BJ Norris' range bag? Could it have been the work of the cats honoring him with their dead mouse hunting trophy?

BJ - better check your tumbling media before use; if it does not pass the "smell test" then . . . you get the idea.