Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How To Build Your Own Gun Cart For 3 Gun Competition

To protect from a dusty gun, there are hunting gun/bow bags specifically designed to go over the mounts and zip at the top.

The bottom of the bag is Velcro seamed and close up nicely. Look for the ATV handle bar bags.

These bags don't fit rifles (3gun style no, Fudd rifles yes), but work perfectly for tube fed shotguns.

Another great article. I've only shot one match so far and I already have a CL ad up looking for a stroller....

Let us know how that project turns out!

Well, I got the project started today. I picked this up for $30 :D

ImE91WV.jpg

Edited by optimator

Another great article. I've only shot one match so far and I already have a CL ad up looking for a stroller....

ImE91WV.jpg

Looks nice! I can't tell because the canopy is in the way - cupholders?

I've been running this wagon: http://www.amazon.com/Sandusky-FCW5424-Heavy-Folding-Wagon/dp/B00X5UDZ2M?ie=UTF8 for a couple months now and I love it. Folds down as small as my other flimsy wagon but holds 200+ pounds and rolls over rocks with ease. I've added a couple Home Depot "hang all" vecro straps (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-36-in-Zinc-Plated-Steel-Hang-All-36297/204695689) to hold my rifle and shotgun to the wagon. Almost a perfect solution for me.

71GrNtE2H1L._SL1500_.jpg

Very creative solutions guys!

The one problem I see (theoretically) with the orange cart solution is the muzzles of your rifle and shotgun aren't pointed at the ground like they are with the stroller solution.

Correct - muzzle is pointed straight up. I suppose if required you could find a way to put them in muzzle down. I actually prefer muzzle up as there is really no way to sweep anyone as you take them out of the cart.

I'll try to take a picture tonight.

I should note - I am usually without a car when shooting a big match. Wife drops me off and the family goes off to play while dad shoots. :) I found that my stroller just doesn't hold enough stuff when you are a essentually on an island. The wagon holds everything and is actually a little easier to maneuver than the stroller was. Plus strangely enough it is smaller when folded than my stroller is.

Edited by ctay

I mostly run a garden cart that I have welded sockets for eye bolts onto and use a horizontal mounting for the guns, This does have them pointed horizontally, but they are always flagged, and there is little chance of them tipping over. The one thing that has plagued me in the past is rain, it always rains on 3 gun matches, so I have 2 different umbrella mounts built in also, one for a golf umbrella (big) and one for a Sport-brella which is the most awesome creation on the planet.

But not to hi-jack, the thing I actually came to post is that leaving the hood can give you a bit of protection for your stuff if it rains... just something to think about.

I have a similar garden cart as pictured above, only without the sides. I made a spud out of a 1/2" bolt and some copper tubing that fits into the adjustment point of the umbrella. I then welded the mounting socket to the cart almost exactly in the center. To attach it, I screw the spud into the socket, take the pointy pole out and drop the umbrella onto the spud and tighten the thumbscrew so it is solid. A couple of ammo cans with bungee cords anchor the "wings" if necessary and it's quite stable. Since I almost always am shooing Heavy Metal and always carry way more ammo and equipment than I would ever need, stability has never been an issue, even on windy days.

I have thought about doing a write-up on my cart, but always figured it was way too redneck for this crowd...lol

I have a similar garden cart as pictured above, only without the sides. I made a spud out of a 1/2" bolt and some copper tubing that fits into the adjustment point of the umbrella. I then welded the mounting socket to the cart almost exactly in the center. To attach it, I screw the spud into the socket, take the pointy pole out and drop the umbrella onto the spud and tighten the thumbscrew so it is solid. A couple of ammo cans with bungee cords anchor the "wings" if necessary and it's quite stable. Since I almost always am shooing Heavy Metal and always carry way more ammo and equipment than I would ever need, stability has never been an issue, even on windy days.

I have thought about doing a write-up on my cart, but always figured it was way too redneck for this crowd...lol

Hey now, just because we speak purty don't mean we don't romp around with our cousins too! Share away!

ImE91WV.jpg

Looks nice! I can't tell because the canopy is in the way - cupholders?

I hate to quote myself, but it was the best way for a before and after picture. And done in time for this weekend!

post-61877-0-62631100-1460515459_thumb.j