Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bbi 125gr for 9mm major with comp.

Targetpractice

I have used them in an open gun and they were good to go. The only reason I am not using them now is my barrel is a tight .355 and the bullets were .356. I had no problem and they were very accurate. They are also very fast bullets in an open gun. When I use up my current lot of MG 124 JHP, I will be switching back to BBI.

I have used them in an open gun and they were good to go. The only reason I am not using them now is my barrel is a tight .355 and the bullets were .356. I had no problem and they were very accurate. They are also very fast bullets in an open gun. When I use up my current lot of MG 124 JHP, I will be switching back to BBI.

this is good to know. I have read they move faster than plated and jacketed. I have a short barrel so was hoping they would help me make major

Oh they are definitely slick! Just spray a shot of one shot before the match or before a practice session and after cleaning. Helps keep it nice and clean. Otherwise you will love them! The 115's are great too!!!

Chandler (guy who owns bbi) also shoots them through his open rig!

Right sarge! Slightly oversized for a better seal to the rifling, better stabilization while traveling down the bore, better combustion behind it and gas buildup for the comp as well!

I would however load lower than your current load data and work your way back up. No need to really sling them out there the. Dial back. You might be pleasantly surprised at the velocity difference between them and fmj

I would however load lower than your current load data and work your way back up. No need to really sling them out there the. Dial back. You might be pleasantly surprised at the velocity difference between them and fmj

This is true. I found out when I went from 124gr MG to the BBI 125gr. My 124gr MG load was 7.1gr of Autocomp and was getting a power factor of 174. I tried the same load with the 125gr BBI's and my power factor was close to 180. I lowered my load from 7.1gr to 6.8 of Autocomp for the 125 BBI's and was getting around 174 power factor.

This is true. I found out when I went from 124gr MG to the BBI 125gr. My 124gr MG load was 7.1gr of Autocomp and was getting a power factor of 174. I tried the same load with the 125gr BBI's and my power factor was close to 180. I lowered my load from 7.1gr to 6.8 of Autocomp for the 125 BBI's and was getting around 174 power factor.
what size barrel and comp?

that bullet with that powder at 1.165 gave me 175 and 176 out of my full size guns. Definitely faster than MG by a whole bunch

i just started using them in my new/used open gun. to say they are quick is an understatement. i started at 6.6 AC @ 1.175 and got 1400 FPS = 175 PF. holy smokes. 6.8 got me 1430 FPS. I dropped it to 6.3 and now get 1360= 171 pf.

i must have a real fast barrel as reading other post the it should be a bit slower with these loads. I used 125gr to calculate the pf. in reality mine vary from 126 gr to 128 gr so the PF should be higher

Edited by Sandbagger123

The only reason I am not using them now is my barrel is a tight .355 and the bullets were .356.

This is exactly why they are accurate and fast. This is ideal

Now that you say it, it does make sense. Thanks Sarge.

i just started using them in my new/used open gun. to say they are quick is an understatement. i started at 6.6 AC @ 1.175 and got 1400 FPS = 175 PF. holy smokes. 6.8 got me 1430 FPS. I dropped it to 6.3 and now get 1360= 171 pf.

i must have a real fast barrel as reading other post the it should be a bit slower with these loads. I used 125gr to calculate the pf. in reality mine vary from 126 gr to 128 gr so the PF should be higher

that bullet with that powder at 1.165 gave me 175 and 176 out of my full size guns. Definitely faster than MG by a whole bunch

Wow so even with the flat point you still loaded them that long?

Yes, with room to spare.

Yes, with room to spare.
cool. Thanks for the info. They arrive tomorrow. Gonna load them up with either silhouette or autocomp. Leaning towards silhouette though since it burns a little slower.

I was loading these to 1.150, but running WAC at 7.2 gr. They did smoke quite a bit and it took a while to clean the gunk out of the comp. Do you think pushing the OAL out a tad bit more and lowering to 6.8 gr of WAC would help fix the smokey-ness and gunk in the comp? The bullets were very accurate and I never had any issues with tumbling out of my STI Matchmaster. I appreciate any info, thanks!

Are you sprayin the comp with a bit of case lube before a match or practice session? If not you should really try that. As for clean up, what's your process? That could actually lead to even more buildup depending on how you are doing it.

Thx for the info! No I have not tried that I'll do load up some more rounds of BBI and try that. To clean it is spray the comp with mpro7 and pick out all the build up with a brass pick. The bullets are great! My cmore and cmore blast shield are also gunked up too after shooting. The cmore lens has a coating of either lead or coating of the bullet and so does the blast shield. Am I loading them wrong? Or is it I just have too much powder behind it?

Thx for the info! No I have not tried that I'll do load up some more rounds of BBI and try that. To clean it is spray the comp with mpro7 and pick out all the build up with a brass pick. The bullets are great! My cmore and cmore blast shield are also gunked up too after shooting. The cmore lens has a coating of either lead or coating of the bullet and so does the blast shield. Am I loading them wrong? Or is it I just have too much powder behind it?

that's normal. My blast shield turns black and my c-more get cloudy

I'd check my pf over a chrono because you may be loading entirely too hot if it's the same load from your fmj Bullets. It's going to get the cmore dirty so just keep a micro fiber towel handy. You can also try soaking the comp in a white vinegar/rubbing alcohol solution for a little easier cleaning just don't take a Drexel to it!! Other than that powder will play a roll as well so try and shoot some clean powder too.