Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Brass

WesCummings

Nothing wrong with CBC. They are just different. Primer pocket is tighter and case wall a touch thicker. I definitely know when there is a CBC case being resized on my Dillion 550.

Yes, thats true.

I usually load all my CBC brass in the same session for match ammo and when one is being reloaded for practice with mix range brass, it does need a little more push on the handle than some other brands of brass:)

Edited by Grendel

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Terlingueno: I am one of those having trouble with CBC brass and that in my factory Glock 9 mm barrels. But I load 147's to 1.130 OAL. What are you bullet weight do you use and what OAL are you loading to?

BTW, per my previous post in this thread, I have loaded one batch of 500 once fired IMT cases twice more without any failures. The load is 3.5 gr CSB-1 (a Universal Clays like flake powder) over Bayou 147's at 1.130 to 1.135. All cases case rolled prior to loadings (figured I'd do what I do to all my brass) and shot through Glock factory barrels. Will report as I continue to reload what I have recovered (~450 cases).

I use both Zero and Montana Gold 125gr bullets. The COAL I use is 1.120 for the Zeros and 1.10 for the MG's

Kevin C,

I think the bigger issue isn't the OAL. It's how much of the bullet is seated into the case. Heavier bullets exacerbate the issue though because of course... they are generally longer.

Data I would love to have:

For those of you that are having issues with CBC, and those that don't have any issues.......... How deep are you seating the bullet base into the case? I start to see issues anytime I get over 0.3" deep. Just wondering what others are seeing.

For those of you that are having issues with CBC, and those that don't have any issues.......... How deep are you seating the bullet base into the case? I start to see issues anytime I get over 0.3" deep. Just wondering what others are seeing.

My reloads are 1.155/1.160 Col and bullet goes 0.200/0.220 deep into the case - i use 124 grains RN :)

Kevin C,

Mine are seated 0.224 into the case. You can definitely tell when seating into CBC brass.