Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xdm 5.25 .40

jbv7

Hey Guys,

New to competition shooting. Went to the range and rented a xdm and a m&p. Both in 9mm. Xdm edged out the m&p. Shot my first steel match with a friends xdm .40. He wants to sell it. Has trigger job, heavy buffer tube, over sized mag release. What should I pay for this, said maybe 500-1000 rds through it. Also shot a glock 34, liked that but was a little wide ( front to back) for my stuby hand. Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I'm guessing its worth about $700-750 for a used gun with those upgrades.

You really need to check the rule book for the shooting sports you want to play though. Some modifications will change which divisions you can shoot or if you can shoot that gun at all.

I.E. USPSA production division allows an extended, but not oversized mag release; No division in IDPA allows an oversized mag release. Have a good idea of what you want to do with it and make sure it meets the rules.

Sounds like this one is on its way to becoming a fine Limited Division gun for USPSA.

I shoot an XDm 5.25 (.40 S&W) in 3 gun, IDPA (ESP division), and USPSA (Limited Division). I minimized the modifications to what is legal for IDPA so that I could use it for multiple sports. PRP trigger, Patriot Mag well (the smaller one that fits the IDPA box), Grip stippling.

If you aren't sure what game/division you want to compete in, then keep barrowing until you make up your mind.

I have used mine in 3 Gun, Steel, and on a rare occasion in USPSA for Limited 10 and Limited. It is a fantastic pistol to start the sport with, it is very reliable and accurate. For a used one I would not go much higher then $575. Have fun with it, I still do and will shoot it until it wears out, which should be quite awhile. I picked it over a Glock because of the grip angle which made the Glock sit oddly in my hand.

The nice part of running the XDM 5.25 in .40 is you have a gun that you can run in Limited or Limited 10 and in Production. If you run production or IDPA or Steel, you can go to Atlanta Arms and purchase .40 Minor Ammo. This will make the gun less snappy and you will reach minor power factor. If you reload your own ammo, you can develop a .40 minor that will be softer than a factory 9mm load.

Price wise, I would ask him to set the price.

Edited by DenverDave