Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fail to feed

mro111lland

I hand a 2011 9mm major every now and then I get a round that won't chamber. What happens is the round gets stuck between the bottom of the breach face,not yet to the extractor and the chamber. I'm tuning 1.165 length mbx mags 124 grain round nose bullets 12 pound recoil spring . Feed ramp is polished so is breach face any ideas

It's only happened a few times and every time it's on the mbx big stick have measured the feed lips are inspec it seems to happen when the mag is full 3rd or 4th round out the other isue that is mag related is a round falls under the follower happened 5 times yesterday did not effect function I don't think calling mbx tomorro

I did find I have a set back problem I saved all rounds that failed to chamber found were .030 shorter than they should be so checked this batch of ammo can push on them and seat them dealer with my thumb pulled some no crimp at all.think that could b the isue

It's a hornady resizing die expanding

There are some tighter sizing dies, which do a better job of securing the bullet in the case.

Probably solve your problem of setback - I see that you have reloaded them out pretty

long before, but you may run into a problem with having too little grip on the bullet (they

can be pushed it, or even fall out). :cheers:

I have also read online that if the gun is not timed right will cause 3 point James. Any truth behind that? I'm fairly new to 1911 but u would think if timing was wrong u would have more isues than that and it should have started right away