Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal SPP Availability

TacticalReload

Are you folks finding Federal small pistol primers anywhere? I'm down to my last 400. I have 1k of Winchester in reserve, but I'm not sure about reliability with the light striker springs in my Glocks. It feels like Federal SPP have been in constant short supply since 2008. I'm beginning to feel like that I'm never going to be able to just walk into an average LGS and walk out with them ever again.

I used to live less than an hour from the largest Cabelas (in Hamburg, PA). Now that I'm in Florida, the closest one is about 5 hours away. I think the last time I saw Fed SPP in a store, it was at Cabelas. I should have bought a few more 1000s, but I figured the shortage would blow over by the time I used up my supply. Looks like I was wrong.

I saw the oddest thing at a big pawnshop gun store. They always have a few reloading supplies but no presses. Not really known to most competitors.

They had all kinds of Federals in the 1000 box. Maybe a dozen each. Just sitting there. Have had them for months. And last week they had 10 one lb. cans of Clays!

I'm about to drive up to SC. :goof:

I see the Fed rifle primers and LPP, but the SPP are hard to come by. Everytime I walk into one of those places and see the Federal boxes, I get my hopes up until I see that none of them are SPP.

Edited by TacticalReload