Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40S&W Powder

turbopower18

Been using Bullseye for 40Major loads in USPSA since starting Limited from Production. Seen quite a few comments on people really liking VV N320. Not knowing if I may be missing something by not using VV N320. Not had any issues with the Bullseye but thinking of testing the waters on VV but would like to hear from you fine folks on the change. Is there less felt recoil using N320 or is it just very consistent. Wondering what the hype is with alot of shooters using it.

N320 is about as soft as it gets, clean, consistent and stable. There are a few others that mimic it's qualities if for some reason you cannot get it. RS Competition and ETR-7 does an excellent job of mimicking the qualities of N320. 320 is very hard to beat and seems to be the bench mark of powders for what we do. If you have not tried it or the other powders that closely resemble it you should be pleased with how it performs.

So far in my Limited loads, I've tried WST, HP38/W231, Silhouette, Titegroup and universal Clays. I have many pounds of n320 that should ship from PV tomorrow "JOY!"

So far, titegroup has been the best of the bunch for me and my gun, The recoil impulse while somewhat strong is very fast and over almost quicker than you're brain can detect, so it almost feels as if the recoil isn't there. It has only taken me 4.2g of it and a 180g coated bullet to make 944FPS and 169.9PF out of a 5" gun also, so that could contribute.

The WST is another load that I think isn't half bad, it feels better than hp38 or silhouette, but I can't wait to get my hands on this n320.