Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match humor (at my own expense)

ruffinit

Ok, just in case anyone here isn't thoroughly familiar with the AR15 platform, it is worth noting that a 30 round magazine extends further down than the grip of the rifle. This is most relevant to bear in mind when one is sliding rapidly into a prone position in the middle of a stage, wielding said rifle. Failing to keep this in mind can result in the magazine striking the ground very firmly, causing the stock to rise rapidly.

On a related note, my chin hurts.

Ruffy

I clocked myself so hard in the chin that I was trying to engage targets through the stars I was seeing. I was supposed to engage the last two rifle targets in the stage with three rounds each. Let's call them targets 1 and 2. I had engaged targets 3, 4, 5, and 6 from the previous position. I had intended to go prone, hit target 2 then shift left and hit target 1. Slid into prone (looks really good on the video; one fluid motion, transitioning from full run to prone on the fly and coming to a complete stop as was reacquiring my sight picture) hit chin, engaged target 2, shifted right and engaged target 3. Apparently, target 1 had hidden behind the stars I was seeing from eating my rifle stock.

I only realized what had happened when the score keeper told me I had three misses. I asked him where and he told me target 1 was untouched. "But you turned target 3 into swiss cheese. There were six hits in it."

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk