Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Identify old Dillon 550

My neighbor called me over to show me the old Dillon press he had recently acquired. I didn't have the linkage for the powder measure, but had a pivot hindge to move the powder bar. Does anyone know how old this press might be? The primer operated like the current one, but did not have the shim.

:blush:

It's the old 550, not 550B, you don't need the positive drop linkage, but Dillon will upgrade it for free. I have never had an issue with mine since day one. It doesn't have the drop chute either, that's what the plastic funnel is for....

Edited by 9x45

Both my 550's are like that. The older one came that way. I removed the linkage from the caliber conversion kits and run my new one like the old one. I hate the linkage. Dillon gave me about two lifetime supplies of the springs to run the powder bars.

Both my 550's are like that. The older one came that way. I removed the linkage from the caliber conversion kits and run my new one like the old one. I hate the linkage. Dillon gave me about two lifetime supplies of the springs to run the powder bars.

Yup, I hate the linkage too. Good thing Dillon has a lifetime supply of those garter springs, very difficult to find at that size, .125" OD by 5.080" long, most likely a custom order of 10,000 way back in the way back.