Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kkm Barrels

bulm540

i use one in my G35 and love it. Im sure it can shoot better than i can. The chamber is really tight, but as long as you use factory ammo or a Lee FCD it shouldnt be a problem. I have yet to have a FTF w/ this barrel.

I just looked at my records and have installed 9 in various Glocks. 5 showed a 25/50% improvement in accuracy with typical being aprox 30%. 2 did not shoot any better than the factory barrel they replaced 3 "- 4" @ 25 yards and 2 shot worse than the barrel they replaced. So my conclusion is like a factory barrel you may get a very good one or you may get a mediocre one. My best luck has been with Bar-Sto. They usually reqire a SMALL bit of fitting @ the hood unlike KKM which usually are a drop in. On a side note 4 (KKM) required a sight change to correct POA/POI after installation. All 9 KKM ran 100% with factoty ammo.

BrianH suggested a KKM for my open project. After days of research and price hunting, I decided to go with his suggestion. The barrel is very accurate and a lot cheaper than the Scheumann that I was thinking about.

Thanks agian Brian. :D

I have no expereince with them in Glocks, but a little in 1911's.

Kevin is a great guy to work with, I've never met him, and he does not know me from Adam, but he's always been very accommodating.

The first custom 1911 I ever had was one he built back when he was doing all those hybrid conversions. He's a "barrel guy" but knows his way around gunsmithing too.

Back when we ran the FL Single Stack he was right on board without hesitation, and our prize guns had KKM barrels in them.

Last year I called wanting a bushing barrel for my .40 (the mall ninja extremo) and while he didn't have one in stock, he turned down a bull, and got it in the mail to me the next day. All for about half what Scheumann wanted.

Always had good luck with him and his products. He'll see more of my business.

Besides, the test info I've seen seemed to show that a barrel is a barrel, the accuracy of the gun comes from how much "meat" there was to fit it and how well your gunsmith did. Go with price and service.

Installing a drop-in KKM barrel in my Dad's Glock 19 turned it into a tack driver. More accurate than any other Glock we own even the longer barrelled G34 with a factory barrel. Plus the reliability was not affected with any of the ammo that he shoots.

Just a little update; I had the bushing .40 in my "Mall Ninja Extremo" this past weekend, and it is Awesome. I shot a 15 shot group, 3 at each distance from 5, 10, 15, 20 & 25 to a tight partial, with "economy" plated bullets and you could've covered them all with a coke can.

I am not making this up, the Schuemann "Ultimatch" I had pulled out of the gun five minutes before did not go home with me. I sold it right there. It was too finicky, and never shot as tight as the KKM with any load.

Buy with confidence.

Yesterday I finally worked up a steel load that I like for my open gun with a KKM. At 50' it dropped 5 rounds into a ragged hole. Not that I see that well at 50', but I'm damn happy that the barrel is capable if I do my part. I'll put another in my limited gun when the time comes.