Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Limited similarity to CZ TS?

Rudukai13

Last time I was at my local range/shooting store they had a couple of CZ Tactical Sports, one in 9mm and one in 40SW. I got to handle the TS a bit, and I have to say - I loved it! The grip fits my hand well, the trigger is ridiculously light and crisp, and the overall balance of the pistol in my hand was phenomenal. My question is - How similar in structure is the TS to a Tanfo Elite Limited? The Tanfoglio is really the pistol I want, and I know the two guns share a lot of features in common, I'm just curious how closely the grip/feel of the TS would relate to a Limited? With no Tanfoglios locally available to hold and try out before I purchase one, I figured the TS is a decent substitute - I'm just wondering how similar the feel of the Limited will be to the TS I was able to handle?

I shoot Limited Custom, and shot my friends TS a little. They are similar, great guns. The grip of the Limited is more ergonomic to my taste, tad smaller than CZ TS. Tanfoglio is cone barrel, better finish, larger safety for thumb. CZ is peasantry, but dremeling the grip won't hurt your feelings then. ;) Slide stop and extractor are weak parts on CZ. CZ mags (in 9mm) holds more rounds out of the box , but Henning pads and Grams kits vs CZ Custom upgrades makes them +- equal.

If you like TS, you would love Tanfoglio Limited.

If you' re not in a hurry, I could shoot TS next week and compare them side by side to refresh the feeling.

Edited by arkadi

I have the Limited and the TS so I can tell you each has it's advantages and it's drawbacks.

TS Strengths:

-sub 2# trigger out of the box

-with CZC springs/followers/base pads mags hold 21 reloadable with no fuss

-solid, heavy tight gun

-fixed rear sight makes a great place to rack the slide

TS Weaknesses:

-cheesy waffle iron checkering on frame

-cycles best with SAAMI length rounds with jacketed/plated bullets (most lead bullets must be loaded really short and take some work to make reliable)

-cheesy plastic mag well

EAA Limited Strengths:

-aggressive checkering on front and rear strap

-adjustable rear sight (if you like them)

-dead sexy looks :wub:

-drilled and tapped for thumb rest/optics

-eats a variety of loads/bullets/lengths (can even use 10mm mags and load longer than 1.2")

EAA Limited Weaknesses:

-4#+ trigger out of the box

-20 rounds with Henning pads/springs/followers (21 if tuned)

-slightly less cheesy aluminum factory mag well (Henning's is much better)

I go back and forth on which I like better :wacko:

You really need to hold the Limited in your hand to know for sure. Fit and feel in hand is the single most important thing when selecting a gun for competition shooting, IMHO.

There's no such thing as "better" ergonomics. It's just a matter of how well it suits that particular shooter and everyone is different.

Mrd, ideally I would be able to handle a Tanfoglio before purchasing one, but it seems there's no way for me to get my hands on one in my area without first paying for it. I figured trying the similar TS would at least be better than nothing, and now I have at least some idea of what the Limited will feel like in my hands. And I like it :devil: