Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ported M&Ps on Production List

Lazer

So a little while back I was thinking about getting into Open, then realized I'm way too poor for that. Ended up getting a performance center m&p pro core thnking that I could shoot open in local steel matches, and production / carry optics for uspsa. I then realized that the whole 'ported glocks are ok with a non-ported barrel' doesn't apply across the board. Checked the production gun list this am to see if I needed to start figuring out what I'm going to do, and the ported M&Ps have been added to the production list and are approved for Production and CO when used with a non-ported barrel. Just thought I'd throw that out there, as I seemed to find a lot of miss-information when I originally researched the topic.

What effect does the lighter slide (vs. the regular pro 5'') have on recoil and splits? Theoretically, it reduces cycle time and enables the use of lighter recoil spring (11#) reliably. However, does it also mean more muzzle flip due to reduced weight?

I do admit the weight difference may be minimal on the ported M&Ps and the resulting change in recoil feel may be as well. That said, I noticed a very substantial difference in the recoil feel of my Stock III and my Stock II who's slides are about a half inch different in length, and the shorter stock II has a cone barrel, further reducing the slide weight.

• 3 months later...

Yes to the trigger over stop.

Regarding slide lightening with the model #10098, I notice a very large difference between it and the 9c. The 9c having a 3" barrel, and matching slide, of course. I think I'd love to have a 9c CORE for CO division. I didn't look to see if it was on the approved list.

I just looked at the appendix page of the rules. Confirmed that all ported models are legal, if non ported barrel is used. Now, does this mean I can clone it using my Pro? I just want the darn trigger stop. I made an internal one that works but the trigger still flexes (I mash the trigger).

I just looked at the appendix page of the rules. Confirmed that all ported models are legal, if non ported barrel is used. Now, does this mean I can clone it using my Pro? I just want the darn trigger stop. I made an internal one that works but the trigger still flexes (I mash the trigger).

Does this mean I can use my magna-ported CORE slide with RMR and non-ported KKM barrel on my 9L frame in CO division? Thanks!

I believe that it needs to be an approved factory model with 2k or some such number made. It's in the list of approved guns or it's not legal for Production or CO. But I'm not a huge rules guy and could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...