Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with Mec-Gar Mags

ad5md

I just recently acquired a SP01 Shadow for USPSA (transitioning from Glock :bow: and I want to purchase extra mags. Looking to hear from those who have used them (read somewhere that they are way better than the original from CZ). Also, maybe someone from the forum can tell me which part/model # will fit the CZ magwell and where to get them. Thank you

I was tracking right up until you said magwell. So this will be for limited? The Mec gar mags with springer basepads work great and fit the box for production. Many here are using those. I can't speak to their compatibility with the magwell. You might refer that question to Stuart at CZC, I'm sure he could point you to the exact part #. best place to purchase Mec gars IMHO is from Greg cote LLC.

I was tracking right up until you said magwell. So this will be for limited? The Mec gar mags with springer basepads work great and fit the box for production. Many here are using those. I can't speak to their compatibility with the magwell. You might refer that question to Stuart at CZC, I'm sure he could point you to the exact part #. best place to purchase Mec gars IMHO is from Greg cote LLC.

Yes, this will be for Limited (will try shooting Production later on, sans magwell) and yes, I just checked and looks like Greg Cote has the best deals. I just need to know which to get. Thanks

you using the gun for production or limited minor?

if production, get these: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-mecgar-magazines-c-130/cz-75b-cz-85b-cz-75-sp01-17-rd-9mm-afc-mgcz7517afc-p-591.html?zenid=0288a694e2b67ac165133b2a3f93437b

these are great, and will work for production. if you get the 19 rounders, your gun with them in it will most likely not fit the USPSA Production box and you will be moved to Open.

if you're shooting limited, then sure go with the 19 rounders.

you using the gun for production or limited minor?

if production, get these: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-mecgar-magazines-c-130/cz-75b-cz-85b-cz-75-sp01-17-rd-9mm-afc-mgcz7517afc-p-591.html?zenid=0288a694e2b67ac165133b2a3f93437b

these are great, and will work for production. if you get the 19 rounders, your gun with them in it will most likely not fit the USPSA Production box and you will be moved to Open.

if you're shooting limited, then sure go with the 19 rounders.

This^^^

Factory 16rd - MG17 AFC - MG19AFC - CZC W/ ShockBottle - MG17AFC W/SP

224a297059eed85f8c8ba7dc5b61ae91.jpg

Edited by Quack

Ahhh...read it again and saw magwell. If that's the case, I think you need to stick with factory 18rd mags and CZC or TTI pads.

I don't know, as I shoot Production.

This is how close the mag is with the MG17

7f70b4ee0ee4e3217060b137979ee28b.jpg

And SP pads

e04d24d6dceacdf664b9994b83ae3779.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I checked Greg Cote's site and found this one which was one of those mentioned above.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-mecgar-magazines-c-130/cz-75b-cz-85b-cz-75-sp01-19-rd-9mm-2-adapter-mgcz7519afc-p-592.html

I hope someone with experience with this on a magwell would chime in.

For limited, Taran tactical just came out with extended basepads that might be worth a look. Seems like they were intended to match up with the factory mags.

Hopefully kneelingatlas or one of the other CZ gurus will chime in. The tactical sport is more popular for limited and the SP-01 for production so many of the posts on this site are geared that way.

http://czcustom.com/cz75magwellidpa.aspx

CZ 75 / 85 / SP01 Aluminum Magazine Well

Will Fit in the I.P.S.C. box. Depending on Sight Options

Will Fit in the I.D.P.A box. Depending on Sight Options

New super size Aluminum mag well for the CZ 75 series guns.

As large as this mag well is it still fits in the I.P.S.C. box.

As you can see in the video you will need to purchase 19 round magazines (11152) and either trim the base pads or we suggest using the:-

CZ Rubber Base Pads 10070

The Short Extended Base Pads 10187

You Will all also need short grips (CZC Part #10148), or to shorten your grips for this magazine well to work.

At this time there are no longer magazine for the CZ 75 40 S&W guns.

Which means major modifications need to be done to base pads for the 12 rnd magazine to work in the mag well. (or you can use SP01 9mm 19rnd magazines we have tested them and they work fine )

We suggest using the CZ 75 Main Spring Plug for Mag Well (10165)

Main spring plug with pin that goes into the hole on newer CZ Custom CZ 75 Mag wells.

The mag well can be friction fitted, but using this part makes the mag well much more secure on the gun and does not require tightening of the mag well to the frame for a good fit.

https://youtu.be/i4KiyI_i1Lo

http://czcustom.com/cz75magwellidpa.aspx

CZ 75 / 85 / SP01 Aluminum Magazine Well

Will Fit in the I.P.S.C. box. Depending on Sight Options

Will Fit in the I.D.P.A box. Depending on Sight Options

New super size Aluminum mag well for the CZ 75 series guns.

As large as this mag well is it still fits in the I.P.S.C. box.

As you can see in the video you will need to purchase 19 round magazines (11152) and either trim the base pads or we suggest using the:-

CZ Rubber Base Pads 10070

The Short Extended Base Pads 10187

You Will all also need short grips (CZC Part #10148), or to shorten your grips for this magazine well to work.

At this time there are no longer magazine for the CZ 75 40 S&W guns.

Which means major modifications need to be done to base pads for the 12 rnd magazine to work in the mag well. (or you can use SP01 9mm 19rnd magazines we have tested them and they work fine )

We suggest using the CZ 75 Main Spring Plug for Mag Well (10165)

Main spring plug with pin that goes into the hole on newer CZ Custom CZ 75 Mag wells.

The mag well can be friction fitted, but using this part makes the mag well much more secure on the gun and does not require tightening of the mag well to the frame for a good fit.

I have exactly all that were mentioned above....only booboo....I forgot to install the magwell Main Spring Plug. Good thing is, the magwell was tightly friction fitted (had to cover it with towel and hit with a rubber mallet). I hope it stays as it is otherwise I will have to figure out a way to slide it out without marring the magwell and pistol finish to install the plug. I guess I'll just keep on using the original mags (3 that came with the pistol & 1 (11152) and see how they perform then decide if I need to get the Mec-Gar ones. Thanks, Quack and to the rest of the group for all your input. Really appreciaite it

The springer base pads for the 17 are the exact same as the 10 rounders. Mec Gar uses the 17 rounders for the 10's; they just put the dimple in them. And buy the mags from Greg, he's good people.