Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New basepads from taran tactical

andyglidewell

i think it's a shame they made limited base pads before making them for production

I don't disagree, but it isn't too surprising. SP makes a great production legal basepad. The gap was an extended pad for 3gun. Much (though certainly not all) of TTIs focus is on 3gun gear, accessories and so on. So, it sort of makes sense.

I asked TT about basepads for the 16 round mags, they stated they will be making some for the shorter mags to get them to 140mm. I really wish my SP-01 came with the three 18-round mags, instead I got one 18-round mag and one 26-round mag. I will not be shooting my CZ in USPSA, it's for 3-gun, so I can do mods to my CZ for Tac-Optics that I couldn't with USPSA Production.

I just saw them post on facebook about doing +4 basepads as well. I kind of doubt the factory springs would work with these. I'm curious what the capacity would be for +4 with cz custom springs and followers installed. They stated the +4 basepads installed on a mecgar mag would clear a cz custom magwell.

Edited by andyglidewell

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine like all Taren stuff well made. The 20th round is super tight and really difficult to seat the fully loaded mag.

Haven't had it to the range yet so I don't know how reliable it is yet.

Edited by Blue Jacket

When are the +4s going to be available? I've got some money burning a hole in my pockets.

Today. They're done. :D

:goof: Just in time, too. My Limited gun just broke its extractor.

Edited by jrswanson1