Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New basepads from taran tactical

andyglidewell

Do you have any pictures of the +4 basepad on an 18 round mag inserted into an SP-01 without a magwell? The reason I ask is because the tube for an 18 rd factory magazine is longer than the mecgar's and the 16 round magazines. I'm just curious how much gap there will be between the magazine and the pistol.

• 2 weeks later...

Those look great.. I'll be picking some up for 3gun soon.. Will the +4's fit on the factory 18 round mags?

Yes and with grams springs and followers, you can get 24 reloadable but you will be past the 141mm length.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Got two +4 base pads today from TT. They look nice. I put them on two Mecgar 17 round magazines I just got today from Midway. They are slightly shorter versus the CZC +4 base pads. On the 17s, the mags are 5.5" long, and I can fit 21 rounds in each magazine. The overhang is also noticeably shorter on the TTs versus the CZCs. If I had kept my 16s, these would have fit in my SP-01 without modification. The TTs do extend out the back further than the CZCs. Also, neither the CZC nor the TT work with a stock lanyard ring on an SP-01. I ended up filing a lot off for them to fit, so I'm ordering a new mainspring plug. The only complaint I have with the TTs is they're not easy to take off. So Mr. Butler, I salute you. I'll be buying two more and a +2 when I get a new job.

I am surprised that these base pads worked well with the 17's. They were meant for the 16's and 18's.

Yup, I was pleasantly surprised by that. I tested out the mags with extensions and the combo is working so far. I had to go with 17s so the CZC extensions would work with my SP-01, but it looks like I'll be switching out the CZCs for the TTs and running with them.

Looks good. A fellow shooter at my last match mentioned they were hard to get off too during a competition for imprompto cleaning. Is that more of a non-issue then it seems? Especially when you are in a sport / division where you aren't going through a ton of mags a stage? (ie anything not USPSA Production / L10)

Edit for another example

Edited by JoshuaHaderach

Looks good. A fellow shooter at my last match mentioned they were hard to get off too during a competition for imprompto cleaning. Is that more of a non-issue then it seems? Especially when you are in a sport / division where you aren't going through a ton of mags a stage? (ie anything not USPSA Production / L10)

Edit for another example

I've used, at most, 3 magazines in one stage shooting 3-gun. Most times, I use 2 magazines, one in the gun and one on the belt, as I have a crap ton of other stuff on my belt. And I really don't need 3 magazines unless the stage is becoming a train wreck.