Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there any law where I can ask for a refund on a gun I bought used face to face specifically in Massachusetts?

It has been 3 days and I asked today for a refund and was denied and accused of having buyers remorse. Buyers remorse is not the issue at hand..

Anything I can do?!

You bought a used gun at a private sale. Now after 3 days you want him to give you your money back?

:surprise:

What would you do ?

But in all seriousness, I highly highly doubt there is anything you can do. Sales be final.

Is there any law where I can ask for a refund on a gun I bought used face to face specifically in Massachusetts?

It has been 3 days and I asked today for a refund and was denied and accused of having buyers remorse. Buyers remorse is not the issue at hand..

Anything I can do?!

Unfortunately, there is nothing in MA law that allows voiding the sale. What is wrong with it and what is it?

Anything I can do?!

Any private sale is an "as is" sale unless you can get the seller to give you some kind of warranty.

the price of a lawyer is very likely to exceed the price of the pistol...

you can win a claim of fraud if the defect had new paint or grease hiding it...

often the 'case' becomes a one on one and hard to judge it.

... and this is often why used guns and FTF are done at low prices.

you have my sympathies and you now know someone to avoid.

miranda