Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition oriented stuff, SHOT 2016

bockerSV

The Sig p320 target looks neat. Is the slide longer? The frame looks like they found a Jericho 941 frame and jury rigged it on

The slide is slightly longer at 5", the IPSC Production limit. They could have gone to 5.1" and kept it in the Production box but they opted for 5" to keep it eligible for IPSC.

The grip has a great history all its own. It started our as a medium P320 grip at Grayguns, a bunch of epoxy, and a list of things Team SIG would like to see tweaked to have an ideal grip.

Edited by alma

Anybody see the Leupold combo sight? Looks interesting to me but for 2k, as it needs a red dot paired with it, we've got a lot of options.

I saw it and I played with it for a bit. It might help if I had a rifle that fit me better but I had a bit of trouble keeping my eye in the eyebox for the x6.

The theory is great that you can be going along working from the dot and immediately glance down to see the zoomed image might fall apart in practice since you have to be perfectly on the x6. Shifting your view back and forth would take a bit of getting used to. Overall it's a cool concept but I couldn't get it working smoothly for me in the few minutes I had to play with it.

Glad to hear Sig is releasing a competition oriented pistol that the new guy can get into with a reasonable budget. Anyone have an idea on when it will be on the market? I'm also hearing buzz on the new Canik tp9 sfx which looks like a pretty good budget minded gun.

• 2 weeks later...