Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz75-sp01 & Tanfoglio Stock Custom

BritinUSA

Vince is apparently trying to get a list of owners of the SP01 and the tactical stock custom, two of the guns taken off the production list:

Hi folks,To save me digging through numerous threads, would people who actually own one of the above model guns kindly post a reply here (or send an email to me at pinto@ipsc.org if you prefer privacy) advising me:

1. Which gun you purchased.

2. The gun serial number.

3. The price paid.

4. Where you purchased your gun.

Note this is merely part of my ongoing research. No more, no less.

Please note this thread is not for comments, complaints, questions, second-guessing "the real reason" for my questions or anything other than simple replies to four simple questions. Replies which go beyond answering these simple questions will be deleted.

Thank you all in anticipation of your cooperation and assistance in this matter.

I posted my info there, thanks for the heads up - SP-01 on the way from Angus.

Now I need a good use for it - besides just being a very cool CZ. :P

Anyone noticed how the SP-01 is priced less than $500 US (and looks like a stock CZ except for the dust cover), while the Tanfoglio Stock Custom is nearly $2000 US (and has adj sights, magwell, special grips, etc - very race gun looking - it even has pre-drilled scope mounting holes for pete's sake)?

Someone explain to me how the CZ SP-01, designed for Military and Police use, with no real "race" features, at that low price, is not a Production gun or not "in the spirit of the game"? :blink: I can see not allowing the Stock Custom, but lets get real on this "dust cover" issue.

This needs to get fixed.

Someone explain to me how the CZ SP-01, designed for Military and Police use, with no real "race" features, at that low price, is not a Production gun or not "in the spirit of the game"?  :blink:  I can see not allowing the Stock Custom, but lets get real on this "dust cover" issue.

This needs to get fixed.

Personally, I think it was a political decision and the powers-that-be in IPSC had to come up with a reason, so they came up with "long dust cover".

The 1st batch of SP-01s in the USA went on sale yesterday or the day before.

Retail price???: $495

So much for the "high dollar" argument - especially since the Production approved, accesory rail, all steel "Beretta 92 Steel I" retails for $1600. How much is that 18 shot Para LDA 9mm?

I personally do not believe there are any valid arguments against the SP-01's use in USPSA. Regards,

D.C. Johnson