Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Travelling Whipping Boy

chaosshooter00

So this weekend two of my buddies and I drove two and a half hours to shoot a monthly match. We get there and the squad sheets are full of ghost shooters whose friends have signed them up on faith. We sign in on an empty sheet and go get ready. At the shooter's meeting, one speaker calls out the folks who signed up friends that didn't show and thanks them for causing a delay to revamp all the squads and scoring devices. No big deal, not the end of the world. As we shoot there regularly, we figured we would be put in a decent squad as we're proficient workers and hustle from start to finish. WRONG!! We got put with the worst squad I have ever shot with, PERIOD. On the first stage, after a few agonizingly long scoring endeavors, one buddy volunteers to run the clock and I take the Nook. The shooter leaves the start position and begins shooting, when he gets to the last target, I am already there waiting to score that target as the rest are scored. It seems that I scored it too fast and there was quite a spectacle made of it, so I surrendered the Nook to a local. I have never been told I scored too fast, wasn't even aware of such a thing. For the record, his time was 45.87 and his hit factor was 1.63. As luck would have it, the second stage was a classifier 03-18 High Standards and I was handed the clock. From the ten yard line, I called out the scores. The local on the Nook had a freaking meltdown, not only could I not be able to see the targets, I was scoring them out of order...three cardboard, eight shots each. At that point, I decided to set steel and tape and let the drudgery of the squad drag on. Third stage, it seems I'm taping too fast for the locals and now I'm seeing red and my shooting shows it. One of the "nice" locals informs us he signed up to shoot with us and didn't realize he would be squadded with these stellar individuals AND begins apologizing for their actions. I run our local and we shoot three local "travel" matches a month and I can honestly say this is the worst time I have had shooting...EVER. What I Hate may not be the right place for this, but i had to get it off my chest. Thanks

Takes a lot for others to ruin and entire match, but you hit on one of the big ones.

I got squadded with a group of strangers that turned out to be a local top shooter and his entourage. Two of us did 90% of the taping and setting steel. After the match, friends on other squads advised that they will head home rather than shoot with that bunch.

Served me right for arriving late.

As long as this is still open, here are a couple rules to look at. While commonly ignored at club matches, by rule, the shooter has the right to verify scoring,..

9.6.1 After the Range Officer has declared “Range is Clear”, the competitor or their delegate will be allowed to accompany the official responsible for scoring to verify the scoring.

9.6.2 The Range Official responsible for a course of fire may stipulate that the scoring process will begin while a competitor is actually completing a course of fire. In such cases, the competitor’s delegate must be entitled to accompany the official responsible for scoring in order to verify the scoring. Competitors must be advised of this procedure dur-ing the squad briefing.

But, since this is a hate thread, I hate folks that drive slow in the passing lane...

This thread was closed because the content/topic was judged not to be in line with the rules of the Hate Forum. (mostly likely politics or shooting related..which are out of bounds)

Please review what you are..ahhh...allowed to hate. :)

Hate Forum Rules:
http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097

[note: this is a generic reply]