Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Florida

ChrisG19

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year.

I've just returned to Miami, Fl after a decade of living in Costa Rica. My budget is fairly limited while I get resettled so the Glock 19 will serve double duty as my EDC and match gun.

Before I moved to CR I shot a few IDPA events but after watching a handful of videos I'd like to give USPSA a shot.

Looking at this primarily as an opportunity to work on gun handling skills and accuracy in a dynamic environment. Basically, all the stuff I can't work on at the static firing line of my indoor range.

Due to budget and my current interests, I'll probably try to keep holsters limited to my EDC, so I can train on what I really carry while at the same time enjoy solving the course of fire thrown at me.

All the best.

Chris

Edited by ChrisG19

Welcome from Tampa Bay!

The g19 can be a great CO pistol and ther are allot of holster will work with a rds on the slide but just keep that in mind when selecting a holster If you want to keep it as dual purpose as possible.

On a side note depending on where your at in Miami you have a couple of clubs within an hour or two drive and your about 2-3 hours from Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof where they hold about 3-4 majors a year.

Thanks, Pizzim.

The club I'll probably visit is in Sunrise, Fl. A bit of a haul because of South Fl traffic, but if I can settle into a decent schedule it should work out ok.

I've installed a Double Diamond 3.5lb connector and titanium safety plunger on the G19.

Right now it has the factory sights, but I do have a set of Frank Proctor's Y-Notch sights which are a solid black rear and fiber optic front. Just need to get those swapped out.

No plans for any other modifications at this time. I need more time working on my skills before deciding that the actual gun needs any changes.

I have a Bravo Concealment BCA holster with loops for both OWB and IWB. I also have a Stealth Gear appendix carry holster on the way.

Before I moved to CR I shot a few IDPA events but after watching a handful of videos I'd like to give USPSA a shot.

Chris

That always seems to be the case! :)

Welcome back to the US and welcome to the forums!

Edited by Sarge