Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK thunder vs hardcore open guns

Sandbagger123

HI. I was wondering the same thing when I was trying to make the decision. One person told me at a match that the slide was the only difference. I ended up getting the hardcore because I think it looks cooler, and that's all that counts right? :-)

I will be interested to see what others say about it...

They're both great guns. Bobby and Matt stand behind their build. The only difference from what I know is the weight of the slide.

They fixed a grip issue that my gun was having, no questions asked. I only had to pay shipping 1 way. They send it back to me at no charge. I mailed it out on a monday, had a fixed gun back on Thursday, and shot a match on Sunday! Fast service.

They're both great guns. Bobby and Matt stand behind their build. The only difference from what I know is the weight of the slide.

They fixed a grip issue that my gun was having, no questions asked. I only had to pay shipping 1 way. They send it back to me at no charge. I mailed it out on a monday, had a fixed gun back on Thursday, and shot a match on Sunday! Fast service.

you had to pay shipping on a warranty issue? that sucks. this is one of the items i am debating in getting a CK or STI. STI usually picks up the tab on issues with their guns. what did it cost to ship?

you had to pay shipping on a warranty issue? that sucks. this is one of the items i am debating in getting a CK or STI. STI usually picks up the tab on issues with their guns. what did it cost to ship?

Just under $100. UPS makes you send it next day air.

But you may end up shipping an STI more often. :) Matt and Bobby have absolutely killer customer service. IF it has to go back it will generally be made right with only one trip away from you.

Short disclaimer. I am a sponsored shooter on the Team. That said, if you have any questions at all on these pistols drop Matt or Bobby a line. They will respond very quickly. Other than aesthetics the main difference as I understand it is the Hardcore slide is about .3 ounces heavier. As to the question on warranty work I will also point out that warranty issues arise with anything. How quickly Matt and Bobby turn repairs around and get them back to the customers is one of the coolest things I get to brag on about them. I've had several pistols from other builders that needed warranty work and while the work was done quite nicely the turn around time was measured in months, not days. Not talking about STI here.

Edited by Neomet

• 1 year later...

Just got a hardcore open gun 38 super Comp. I’ve shot a thunder in limited an a shorty my buddy owns in 9 major. They are awesome guns. Have another friend was having trouble an bobby had it back to him in 4 days. That’s service.