Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 Open 3 Gun

Wormie

I just picked up the Mossberg 930 today and I was wondering if I was missing anything on my list for open division. I didn't get the JM Pro Series so it's a little bare. Also, I'll be drawing a lot from what Jerry has on his. Anyway, here's the list.

1) Arrendondo shotgun mount

2) Need a suggestion on a micro red dot

3) Arrendondo speed loader assist

4) HIVIZ Recoil Pad (but I'm open to suggestions)

5) Speed loaders

6) Nordic extended charging handle (also open to suggestions)

7) Nordic mag tube extension

Right now I have the 28" barrel that is ported. I know 28" is a little long but I can always swap out barrels. I'm not quite sure on which choke I want to use so give me a suggestion. Thanks!

Checkout the OR3GUN site, some cool reliability enhancement stuff for 930s.

I'd definitely advise their marine spacer tube http://www.or3gun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_marine.htm even if it adds no reliability (and I think it does), it should help prevent/slow down the rusting of your mag tube.

I had a 930 without an MST, never shot it in the rain & still had a rusty mag tube.

My go-to choke is Mod. I change that to Cyl for slug & buck.

• 2 weeks later...

Xrail for sure if you are running a tube gun in open... I have seen Jerry run the old speed loaders and keep up with the box fed boys (beat them too) but most that run tubes without xrail fall behind the box fed mag guys. Just what i have seen....

• 3 months later...

Checkout the OR3GUN site, some cool reliability enhancement stuff for 930s.

I'd definitely advise their marine spacer tube http://www.or3gun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_marine.htm even if it adds no reliability (and I think it does), it should help prevent/slow down the rusting of your mag tube.

I had a 930 without an MST, never shot it in the rain & still had a rusty mag tube.

My go-to choke is Mod. I change that to Cyl for slug & buck.

+1

All my mods from them have enhanced my gun, and to some extent, me (but I need much more work to be as good as the mods).

Xrail for sure if you are running a tube gun in open... I have seen Jerry run the old speed loaders and keep up with the box fed boys (beat them too) but most that run tubes without xrail fall behind the box fed mag guys. Just what i have seen....

Yeah, Jerry can "keep up" ;)

post-400-0-34162600-1462721178_thumb.jpg

Anyone tried drilling their factory spacer tube instead of buying the or3gun version?

The factory spacer tube is too thin to drill out much and have it survive very long. Simply drilling the original also makes the part too light and will leave burrs inside your factory tube that will create more drag on the magazine tube than solve anything.

I used the arrendondo ramp, but modified it to move it back towards the trigger guard about 1/2". This gave me a better angle into the tube.

If you watch jerry's shotgun videos on youtube, you can see he has also his located farther back than the standard arrendondo ramp. He actually used a Remington ramp with hooks welded onto it because he claims he likes the angle more.

I can load very easily and fast with this change to the ramp using the original lifter. I could barely load at all before modifying it.

Those of you that opened up your loading port. Did you remove some of the lip within the receiver at the junction of the mag tube to allow a faster reload? If so, how much? I know if you take too much off, you've just ruined your shotgun!

• 2 weeks later...

What are your personal reviews based on experience and I guess what you have heard from others on or3gun's...

Marine Spacer Tube

Competition Forearm Retainer

Competition Spring Plunger

Adjustable Spring Retainer

(all competition versions)

I have a new JM Pro. It's been great, no issues. But I'd like to make her be able to shoot light loads for speed and reduced recoil.