Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plastic 223 case

ghost21

Was at the range this morning and after my session, I went to clean up.

In which I found a pile of 9mm and 45 cases. I also found several 223 cases that I have never seen before. Hoping someone here can shed some light on them.

The case head stamp reads

223 REM

MTS

The case is also has a military crimped in primer!

Sorry the pictures are not good quality ,But they give the general idea what they look like!

post-756-0-37051700-1451155035_thumb.jpg

It's not dummy or practice rounds, rather live ammunition.

I had about 1000 round of it for years. IMG_20150710_173014_913_zpssengntz1.jpg

Neck tension was pretty much non existent.

Sometimes they would work, often the cases came apart, neck separation. At times a bullet would move forward in the chamber getting stuck in the rifling and dumping powder inside the receiver if ejected vs being fired.

Last thing to note is that it takes forever to shoot a thousand rounds of it through a .223 single shot contender, about all its good for.

It's not dummy or practice rounds, rather live ammunition.

I had about 1000 round of it for years. IMG_20150710_173014_913_zpssengntz1.jpg

Neck tension was pretty much non existent.

Sometimes they would work, often the cases came apart, neck separation. At times a bullet would move forward in the chamber getting stuck in the rifling and dumping powder inside the receiver if ejected vs being fired.

Last thing to note is that it takes forever to shoot a thousand rounds of it through a .223 single shot contender, about all its good for.

Just what I figured, Those look exactly like the empty cases I found , I knew they were not dummies, Still would like to know what MTS stands for on the head stamp.

If you ask me it looks like the obamnations answer to reloaders

Edited by ghost21

Still would like to know what MTS stands for on the head stamp.

Sounds like a contest to me. I'll start, Military Tactical $hit, May Take Shoving, Me Too Slow, Mostly Trying to Shoot...I don't know.

These guys don't either.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/?page=headstampcode

Do you have a photo?

Suppose it could be Military Training Simunitions, maybe but I doubt it, very few out there for .556 and none fit the description.

Edited by jmorris