Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell us about a reloading tool you wished somebody made

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 223 brass processing: A first stage 223 decapping/neck expanding die with the current long decapping pin and anti-fail device along the lines of the Lee universal decapping die or the Dillon Pistol sizing/decappingg dies. Dillon size/trim die to follow.

Since case feeders ARE allowed, by that logic Dillon should be able to sell a press with a bullet feeder, but NOT include a case feeder and therefore not be subject to ITAR registration.

My question was why Hornady and Lee are selling presses with both bullet and case feed and seem to have no problems doing so?

While the Lee Pro has it's faults, the case feeder is a model of simple design. I have often sat and stared at my 550 and wondered if there was a way to adapt one to it. It doesn't even have to be automatic - just a manual push feed would be fine by me.

Not sure how it would work since the shell platform moves up and down but they have an (expensive) automatic case feeder for it so something should be possible. Of course, why would they want to build a less expensive alternative?

While the Lee Pro has it's faults, the case feeder is a model of simple design. I have often sat and stared at my 550 and wondered if there was a way to adapt one to it. It doesn't even have to be automatic - just a manual push feed would be fine by me.

Not sure how it would work since the shell platform moves up and down but they have an (expensive) automatic case feeder for it so something should be possible. Of course, why would they want to build a less expensive alternative?

While I hate to say anything good about the Lee Pro, I gotta agree with this!

I have often sat and stared at my 550 and wondered if there was a way to adapt one to it.

You can buy a 550 case feed direct fro Dillon.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/content/p/9/catid/3/pid/23573/RL_550B_Casefeeder_110_Volt_Small_Pistol

Did have a few beers thinking about one for the SD though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUdzxJenkX0

They do seat to same coal regardless of case length with current seat dies. What changes with case length variance is the seat depth. But coal should be constant regardless of case length.

Case length also effects the crimp.

Price difference is huge, though.

Look at the price of a 650 collator $249. Then the price of a 550 case feed and collator $264.

Makes all of the actual case feed parts look like $15, hell of a deal.

Edited by jmorris

A dust-repellent and durable media separator

A flip tray for loaded ammo

A Dillon 550 shellplate cranker thingy with flappy paddles on the side so I don't bust my thumb during a 300 round session

(That last thing might be called a 650)

Durable media separator? Buy a Dillon. Dust is something you gotta live with if you dry clean brass. Or get a down draft table like woodworking companies use for sanding.