Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3GUN super black eagle?

jchris4769

Better to load... longer load port. Customized one this year with Cerakote. Not many people want to pay the extra $100-150 for a slightly heavier gun than a M2 . I recommend NOT trying to shoot light loads with the SBEII. Shoot HIGH QUALITY standard loads (1 1/8 oz 1200fps) or hotter. My opinion is the 24" SBEII is a better choice for 2 & quad loaders than the M2.

The only real disadvantage is you can't run lighter loads reliably without spending some more money. Fact is, MOST pro shotgunners are shooting 1200fps+ 1 1/8oz OR hotter.

Edited by roxymajor

It is heavier, needs a higher dram load to run, offers no benefits. Fact is MOST top level shooters are running Light target loads, and some lighter.

That is what I was thinking. Being 3 1/2" chamber vs 3" would be sprung heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pluses, receiver and barrel is one piece so poi/poa usually much better than with the M1/M2. Easier to quad load WITHOUT a bunch of port work. A little heavier than an M2, but not as porky as a Versa. It already has Benelli parts It can be made to run fairly light loads easily. I know of several top shotguners and a couple of 3-gunners running them, and they really like them.

Its my next project as well, here up North where we are limited to 5 rnds, ( 5.9) the SBE will make more sense, an extra 1 rnd than a 3" chamber SG, . My other other alternative is the Stoeger 3500 in 24" a less expensive option.