Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Ideas?

michaels

any ideas for an IPSC holster for this beast? I've tried the CR Speed rev setup for it, but the weight of the gun moves the holster from it's canted position if I start running (I don't run much, but....) even with the "butt plug" end on the CR Speed, it still gets loose.

michaels

post-2600-1112214426_thumb.jpg

any ideas for an IPSC holster for this beast? I've tried the CR Speed rev setup for it, but the weight of the gun moves the holster from it's canted position if I start running (I don't run much, but....) even with the "butt plug" end on the CR Speed, it still gets loose.

michaels

I like my CR. One of the things I did was to put a nylon screw in the butt plug, mussel plug to help stabilize the gun

Limcat ..... I previously ran a CR for 18 months, with the Limcat I have dropped my draw .3 of a second and because it locks just around the trigger guard you should find the the weight of the gun won't move it's position.

Plus as a confidence builder you can draw the gun from the locked position without slowing you draw down ..... I use this for things like starting seated or El Prez. :)

For the CR speed Revo holster you might try the Arrendando muzzle plug that is used for the auto holsters. I pulled mine off of the auto holster and now use it for the Revo holster, it works great with both my 5in 625 and my 6in 627s........Give it a try, and it is secure!

DougC

Garcia Extreme gets my vote.

BUT ...... that's a heavy gun to be running around with, least the one I handled

seemed heavy, and that was without the barrel weights.

Are you using an inner/outer belt system ?

YUP...got the CR Speed belt setup which I really love, but the CR Rev holster is a little underpowered for this heavy of a gun...I love the holster with my 625, but with the weight difference, it seems the holster is undermatched...I even have the barrel bolt for the weights out of it and I'll probably go back to the JPoint sight just to save some weight, maybe even have different porting added to take an ounce or two off...but thanks for the different models of holsters to check out...

michaels