Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I HATE BLOWING IT!

3gunDQ

I hate when I blow it, dam it... I trained too much pistol because I have really been into USPSA lately and shot a 3gun match yesterday. I missed a transition and left three clays on the first stage, 3 mics, 3 FTE. The penalty time just kept on coming since I was going "fast" to make it up (riiiiggght). It just sucks donkey balls when you look forward to something for a while and perform like crap. It is no ones fault but my own and I understand you get out what you put in.... I had not shot my rifle or shotgun since the last three gun match at all and those two defiantly cost me a decent score. I had fun though took on the RO duties so the RO could shoot a good match, helped some new to 3gun shooters and enjoyed myself.... until I get the scores :(

Edited by 3gunDQ

I was going "fast" to make it up (riiiiggght).

Very valuable lesson. :bow:

Just shot a match Saturday with a guy who usually does Very Well at

our Multi-Gun Match - and he blew the 1st stage Very Badly.

2nd stage - YUP - he went Very Fast. Even worse than the 1st stage. :surprise:

Have to take it a shot at a time - and aim to hit.

If only I could remember that when the buzzer goes off ... :ph34r:

a lot to hate there.

It takes a lot of self-discipline (I have absolutely none..) to

know and act on the truth that is is far better to slow down.

It really requires knowing that the problem was caused by going over the limits...

I know this from Kart racing. Ignoring the limit in that sport can cause you to get a new hat.

miranda

I have to remember to laugh. If I'd laugh seeing someone else do it, I laugh at myself when I do it. About every third match or so I'll wind up doing something silly like overshoot a fault line or take 3 makeups on a knockdown plate, and all I can do is go "Well that was different."

• 2 weeks later...