Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People running fog lights all the time

n0glock

I'm that guy in the big truck with the fog lights on. For some reason, the fog lights are on whenever the low beams are on, and turn off when the high beams are actuated. I know it must be a particular combination of switch rotation and push/pull or something, but I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to make it stop. And besides, they are never pointed in MY eyes..........

I mod a Diesel truck forum and there are posts there on how to make fog lights come on with the regular head lights and an "all on", where the regular lights, fog lights and hi beams all come on with the high beam activation. I can see the use of the last mod for off road use or those times you're the only vehicle on the road, but I've gotten into some pretty spirited debates about the value of driving with fog lights on in non-fog weather. The typical reply is "It's my truck and I'll do what I want." Besides the practice being ignorant, some people have eyes that are light sensitive (I'll raise my hand here), and even in the day, these lights and high beams bother their eyes.I've tried to educate some of these guys but they don't care.