Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz75 stove pipes

tha1000

Over the last 400 rounds or so, I've had a pair of stove pipes with my Pre B. One in the last match and 1 today in practice. I'm not sure what is causing it. Currently running a cgw red 12# recoil spring and the extractor is the original 1994 part. I'm thinking it's likely one of these two or the extractor spring that is probably also original to the gun. Anyone had a similar issue? Any thoughts on what else to check? Any guidance is appreciated.

Edited by tha1000

I'll check the extractor for any signs of chipping tonight.

An extractor can be worn out even if not chipped. Ask me how I know......

I've got a spare. Will order a new extractor spring too just in case and report back. I see no visible defects with the one that is in there.

Was it extremely dirty behind the extractor? Sometimes that can cause issues and all it needs is a good cleaning.

Wasn't bad. Only has 7-800 through it since I had it refinished, but the stove pipes are a new development.

Remove extractor, inspect for damage,if not, clean the extractor, extractor slot and spring. Lin and reinstall. Clean breach fax throughly. Particularly the left side. There is a small slot on the left side of the breach face where the extractor press the case rim. It can get filled with powder residue and cause extraction issues. P. S. My reference point is an SP01. I think the breach faces are similar.

Remove extractor, inspect for damage,if not, clean the extractor, extractor slot and spring. Lin and reinstall. Clean breach fax throughly. Particularly the left side. There is a small slot on the left side of the breach face where the extractor press the case rim. It can get filled with powder residue and cause extraction issues. P. S. My reference point is an SP01. I think the breach faces are similar.