Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Edge style pistols ?

Pat B.

In an earlier thread I asked about using an Edge in Limited division.. Several guys mentioned that I should use a pistol with a full length dust cover, etc.. Edge "like'' pistols..

My question here is, are there other options out there for this type of pistol that are similar to the edge or perhaps better without going the full custom route.. I have no problem with the customs other than the time involved ---- and I'm sure some are a bit pricy, lol...

thanks much !

Hello: Check the classifieds here to see what comes up for sale. You may want to try different styles of pistols for limited. A STI Eagle with a bull barrel is a good option or even a bushing barrel with tungsten guide rod. A 6" pistol with a lightened slide like the ones Benny Hill makes at Triangle Shooting Sports. A full custom may not be a good option till you find what you like. A used Edge may be your least expensive option to start. You can have the slide lightened if you wish or change parts out that you may like to try. One size does not fit everyone. Thanks, Eric

In an earlier thread I asked about using an Edge in Limited division.. Several guys mentioned that I should use a pistol with a full length dust cover, etc.. Edge "like'' pistols..

My question here is, are there other options out there for this type of pistol that are similar to the edge or perhaps better without going the full custom route.. I have no problem with the customs other than the time involved ---- and I'm sure some are a bit pricy, lol...

thanks much !

I'm glad you zero'ed it out to Full Dust Cover Frame. Depending on your budget and limitations. You can get below $2K factory STI blued Edge at Oakhill Enterprise. If you want to go above $2K (2-2.3k) you can get the DVC Limited STI hard Chrome at Speed Shooters International (SSI), Dawson Precission and anyother STI Dealer. However, If you can spend extra $200 (2.5k), I highly recommend the CK Arms with better internal parts (as a result, you can get a far better trigger pull). These are available in their website or at Shooters Connection and SSI. Also, it's warranty is for life for as long as Bobby and Matt are still partners. You need to hurry because everyone is in the mood of buying and they may only have limited stocks... If you want to spend more than $3K, (3K to $6K) then that would be a different story (with a longer wait).

I shot several configurations when I shot Limited, and settled on a bull barrel 6" .40 caliber. Had I found a full dust cover version with a 6" barrel, I would have shot that. I suggested to that our major manufacturer offer a "Maximum Edge" as a 6". That never happened.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk