Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Sports Innovations Grips vs. Eric Graufel Grips

sporter

I purchased and installed a set of the SSI waffle grips on my Stock 3.

Inital impressions are that they are well made. The grips create a solid gripping surface, these grips are thicker than stock on the bottom half.

The only issue that I have realized is that they are a tad thick for my smallish length hands on the large frame Tanfo.

Are the Graufel grips thinner than stock?

The Grauffel grips are as thin as gtips could possibly be. No palm swell; they are flat. Try the gun with no grips at all. Thats what the grips feel like.

They are excellently made and have a great texture.

Edited by Twinkie

If your hands are average-sized, the scale grips would work the best. Small, the Eric geips, and large the factory grips. For the scales and factory, I pit grip tape on them because they have almost no texture. Prepare the surface with contact cleaner (I used #lucasoil brand), use 3M safety tread, and you will have extremely aggressive grips.

I'm actually using the scales on the right, and Factory on the left. Reason being that the scales have a thin profile at the top, reducing trigger reach, and the factory have more meat at the top, giving me more traction with my support hand. This solution also seems to have cured the lockback malfs I was having we it thinner grips. Those were caused by my support hand sliding up and hitting the slide stop. With the added thickness of the factory wood grips, my hand is kept away from the slide stop.

Here are some measurements I took while changing grips.

Stock wood: 1.345

EG Grips: 1.130 near the top and 1.145 near the base.

I'll have to check,but I believe that my CZ with VZ diamond backs are only 1.2

I'm actually using the scales on the right, and Factory on the left. Reason being that the scales have a thin profile at the top, reducing trigger reach, and the factory have more meat at the top, giving me more traction with my support hand. This solution also seems to have cured the lockback malfs I was having we it thinner grips. Those were caused by my support hand sliding up and hitting the slide stop. With the added thickness of the factory wood grips, my hand is kept away from the slide stop.

I'm a genius ;)

Ok, I got the Grauffell grips in the mail a couple of days ago.

The screw hole was a tad out of alignment on the EG grips so I relieved the hole a bit with a small jewelers file.

Installed the grips, no issues.

They are very slim to the frame. Definitely fit my hand better than the SSI grips.

Now, if SSI would make a set of thin scales I would be game for those. I don't think the palm swell works for me; I have to rotate my hand ever so slightly to get a good command on the DA part of the trigger pull.

Texture of the Grauffel grips is somewhat aggressive, but not overly.

Edited by sporter