Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 627PC just arrived

Springer

Well,just received my S&W 627pc.

I have ordered an extended firing pin and fiber optic front sight. Was going to order Bowen Rough Country rear sight, but they are on back order due to using a new machine shop, was what they advised. My question is should I wait for these sights or is a better sight available?

Parts should be in tonight and headed to gunsmith tomorrow to drop everything off. He will be doing an action job and bobbing the hammer. Have read that some are buying an Apex hammer, but when I look at their sight they are not showing this item. Is this hammer already bobbed? or what would make it better than bobbing the factory hammer?

Anything I might have missed to improve this revolver please let me know what you think.

Have read that some are buying an Apex hammer, but when I look at their sight they are not showing this item. Is this hammer already bobbed? or what would make it better than bobbing the factory hammer?

Anything I might have missed to improve this revolver please let me know what you think.

The Apex hammer is more aggressively "bobbed" has lower mass and allows a much lower DA trigger pull weight. I have not tried it but it has gotten universally good reviews here.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Category?categoryId=24

Edited by bountyhunter

I never changed my 627 PC factory sights. I liked them as well as anything I've tried (Millet and Weigand). They came with more depth than a Millet and a shade wider than the Weigand.

As long as you didn't get the white outline, try them they might just work as well for you.

As long as you didn't get the white outline, try them they might just work as well for you.

I have an older white outline rear on my 625 and I rather like it, especially at indoor matches where the light is a bit dodgy. I don't really notice anything different when I shoot it outdoors.post-40526-14467344186_thumb.jpg