Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R And D On Benelli's

AH6IP

Jerry,

Three things:

1. I WANT ONE OF THOSE CARBON FIBER TUBES!!! That looks awesome!

2. How does that choke system work? I assume it is with internal "fingers". How hard is it to clean? How well does it work with slugs?

3. Great looking work!

Matt

OK, OK, OK

You guys have seen the shiny carbon fiber and oh the bolt release is so trick. Enough with Jerry's newfound fetish for Benelli's. Now let him get back to what he is supposed to be doing. DREAMING UP A SPEED CHUTE FOR THE GOLD/SX2. :lol:

Take care, Craig

PS Jerry that is pretty strong work.

That is just a plain old Poly choke right? I have had one on one of my 1100 barrels for almost 20 years and I have always liked them. You really can't trust what the markings say and it is a good idea to pattern the different loads on the different settings.

Matt, It is basically a collet (or fingers) which get tighter when you screw on the sleeve tighter. I find that it gets gunked up with wad residue and it needs to be cleaned off good.

I had the barrel ported so I can't use it for anyting other than open which I don't shoot.

Neal in AZ

Yes, a Poly-Choke. They have made significant improvements over the last 70 years (yes, they have been around that long!). And you should always pattern your blaster, regardless of chokes used. However-I have found that their settings are very accurate on this model, to the point of measuring and comparing them based on the "industry" standard of choke size. I just hate changing chokes. I know a lot of people keep the same one in (Kurt-the welder!), but it is nice to go 2 settings past cylinder for up close "spreader type" blasting. And-it is significantly cheaper than cutting and re-choking your barrel, and I like that. FWIW-for those of you that shoot a Benelli with a 21" barrel, they make one (Poly-Choke II) that screws into your barrel like a choke, but with 9 settings!

post-55-1112114548_thumb.jpg