Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TK Custom's Moon Clips

Springer

I just purchased a S&W 625 JM from the classified and will start shooting in the revolver class at the next local match. I ordered 20 TK Custom stainless steel moon clips and I am wondering if they will work with Starline brass? I have about 500 rounds of mixed brass but I am considering purchasing 1000 pieces of Starline brass. Can anyone advise as I don't want to buy them if they are not going to work. Thanks.

Edited by Springer

For the 45 acp you don't need to spend the extra for Premium Clips. Ranch at about a $1 each, or less, are great.

The only cases I've ever had trouble with in a 45 acp are Top Brass and they just wouldn't fit even in Ranch. All others work fine.

In the Premium moon clips, Hearthco and some of the TK stuff you may see some brands that are tight.

Now for the 8 shot it does become increasingly critical.

For the 8 shooters where you are loading on the clock, Hearthco clips are a necessity. For the 625 I would just by 100 ranch moon clips for I think $75. Load them all up and shoot all weekend with out mooning up any more clips. The 625 just doesn't need the expensive clips, spend your money elsewhere, buy an 8 shooter. :ph34r:

For the 8 shooters where you are loading on the clock, Hearthco clips are a necessity. For the 625 I would just by 100 ranch moon clips for I think $75. Load them all up and shoot all weekend with out mooning up any more clips. The 625 just doesn't need the expensive clips, spend your money elsewhere, buy an 8 shooter. :ph34r:

I am planning to buy an 8 shooter. Talked with my gunsmith today and as son as I can find a 627pc for a good price I will pick one up. He said he can make it match ready in about a week..

No problem with my T K Custom 929 EDM clips made for Rem brass. T K said they had made them years ago for the .38 super 627.

Tom

I've had no problem running any of the TKs, either on a 625, a 627/327, or a 686. I generally have had no issue with the match SS with either starline or federal brass; that is unless they get bent somehow, then they're toast!!

I am planning to buy an 8 shooter. Talked with my gunsmith today and as son as I can find a 627pc for a good price I will pick one up. He said he can make it match ready in about a week..

You're being temped to the dark side. I finally got my 625 slick as can be and all I can think about is getting an 8 shot...